Author Topic: I never realized TOM was an acronym for ........  (Read 1727 times)

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
I never realized TOM was an acronym for ........
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:53:02 PM »
The Open Mat!!!!!

Am I the only slow and stupid one on this board ( don't answer that )?????   I honestly thought Tom was a guy that posted wrestling results.  Good grief, I've been out awhile.  :(
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.

Offline sp103

• LXP
  • World Team
    • View Profile
Re: I never realized TOM was an acronym for ........
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:50:10 PM »
In the beginning I thought TOM was some mascot for the site that I had never seen. Six months later I figured it out

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 12:39:22 AM »
Who says wrestlers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer huh??
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 01:34:25 AM »
im pretty sure it was i who started referring to theopenmat as TOM.

at least i remember referring to it as TOM and wondering if everyone was going to know what i meant.

sooo, im taking credit.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 06:58:32 AM »
Quote from: "The Du"
im pretty sure it was i who started referring to theopenmat as TOM.

at least i remember referring to it as TOM and wondering if everyone was going to know what i meant.

sooo, im taking credit.

I think you may be right.
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
Julio, i think we are both in the clear because, yesterday, I got a message from a poster that thought TOM was a furry rodent.  At least we were both closer to the actual meaning.

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"
Julio, i think we are both in the clear because, yesterday, I got a message from a poster that thought TOM was a furry rodent.  At least we were both closer to the actual meaning.

Oh for sure.  That is what I thought too.  I was thinking it looked something like him:

Ron Reagan

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 01:57:16 PM »
Quote from: "Julio"
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"

Oh for sure.  That is what I thought too.  I was thinking it looked something like him:

Haha.  How many stacks is that mouse lifting?  By the bar, looks to be at least 315!