Author Topic: Final Regular Season Results  (Read 6141 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Final Regular Season Results
« on: March 08, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
1. Drooke 247/1610
2. Lost 247/1510
3. Cicero 199/1405
4. Akin 164/1334

5. Nywrestler4life 200/1332 (WILDCARD)
6. Okiespladle 230/1289 (WILDCARD)
7. Viratas 185/1248
8. ACguns 136/1171
9. BryanB 175/1142
10. Rockhard 152/1112
11. TheDu 191/1106
12. Brycemus 154/1033

Congrats to Drooke for being the Regular Season Champ!!! Thanks everyone for being patient with me in those instances where I may have erred on your scoring. Hope everyone will play again next season. Here are the rules going forward for those that are interested:

The regular season will run up through Conferences. After Conferences the 4 highest scoring teams will advance to the finals during NCAA's, and we're also going to take two wild cards this year.

These wild cards will be the two highest scoring teams during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway. Come NCAA's I'll wipe the scores clean and it'll be a 6 way scramble for the championship.

NCAA's will deviate from normal scoring. We will use official tournament scoring there, not the scoring that I detailed in the "Basics" section. All other tournaments will continue to be scored in the 3/4/5/6 format.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:11:37 PM by AKIN »
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Final Regular Season Results
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:13:56 PM »
2 points out of 4th. so close!

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
You're still in the NCAA race though.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:16:16 PM »
Yeah, I know.  But it would have been nice to get there without Schlattering it.  i.e. relying on a wildcard.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »
Ok so am I out? If so why are the people above and below me winners of the wildcard?
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
Ok so am I out? If so why are the people above and below me winners of the wildcard?

Top 4 get automatic bids then the next 2 best conference scores.  I beat you during conference week so I get in even though you were better during the season.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
This is the wildcard rule:

These wild cards will be the two highest scoring teams during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway.

Nywrestler and Okie are the highest scoring teams for the Conference tournaments not in the top 4.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »
Now that I look closer, I should be listed #6 anyway as I passed V in the overall.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »
well I finished on a strong note...better conference tournament than a couple of guys ... I'm pretty proud of my overall finish.  and it would have been better if LosT hadn't axed a trade when neither party knew the guy was hurt.  and if Cathell hadn't been a fat turd for most of the year and if freaking Brands would have just let me decide who was going to start at 141. oh and Mizzou splitting time didn't help either.

I would like to thank
McDonough the steal of the draft
Dennis (when he wasn't injured)
Jaybo (go win me that Hodge son)
Erekson (for coming back w/ a bang!)
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"
Now that I look closer, I should be listed #6 anyway as I passed V in the overall.

You're right. It is fixed now. Sorry about that, V.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
Quote from: "brycemus"
well I finished on a strong note...better conference tournament than a couple of guys ... I'm pretty proud of my overall finish.  and it would have been better if LosT hadn't axed a trade when neither party knew the guy was hurt.  and if Cathell hadn't been a fat turd for most of the year and if freaking Brands would have just let me decide who was going to start at 141. oh and Mizzou splitting time didn't help either.

I would like to thank
McDonough the steal of the draft
Dennis (when he wasn't injured)
Jaybo (go win me that Hodge son)
Erekson (for coming back w/ a bang!)

You are proud of finishing last in the league and 9th/12 in conferences?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »
hell yeah ... I've never really followed wrestling outside of the Big Ten & Big Five conferences so I'm ok with the finish.  not to mention the fact that it has pushed me to follow other conferences that I wouldn't have wasted my time on in the past.

and I had fun so...

I went into this betting I would lose, and was still willing to throw money in to make it fun for others.  It took me three seasons before I won my first fantasy football league...I'd say I'm on pace.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »
I'm amazed how separated everyone is especially at the top.  Akin and NY are the only ones all that close.

Oh well new day.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 09:46:50 PM »
I say we have a toilet bowl with the rest of the folks not in the championship round.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Drooke

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
Thanks Akin!  It really was the perfect season for my team... I NEVER made one trade or utilized the supp. draft.

Kind of a bummer though that we all go back to 0 before Nationals....  I would think the "REGULAR SEASON CHAMP" should be rewarded with some bonus points!!! :wink:

Hey Cicero, you mentioned you were in another league... how many points did you end up with there (if the scoring was similar to ours)?

Oh and AKIN, when do we have to have our final roster in for Nattys.

Rock.... I think the toilet bowl idea is GREAT!