Author Topic: Junior Greco/Freestyle Duals vs. Disney Duals?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline A. Bundy

• Junior High
    • View Profile
Junior Greco/Freestyle Duals vs. Disney Duals?
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:11:13 PM »
I am a freestyle/greco guy biased so I wanted to get some other peoples opinions.  Which event:
1- Do you think is a tougher event?

2- The better kids go to?

3-Is more highly scouted by solid College programs?

SC is is a state that is starting to grow, but the freestyle/greco has definitely taken a back seat to folkstyle here. It seems to be much easier to get a team together for folkstyle events like Disney, than putting out a competent team for an event like Junior Duals.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Junior Greco/Freestyle Duals vs. Disney Duals?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »
Junior.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: Junior Greco/Freestyle Duals vs. Disney Duals?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:52:03 AM »
A lot of states are getting that way. For instance, OR takes a group of kids to a NW FR/GR dual tournament in ID, which is turning out to be a cool event., but from what I saw, it was a bit difficult to fill a roster of 3 teams.

We are hosting a ORWAY dual tournament in two weeks and once I advertised, it took us about 3 weeks to fill 12 All Star HS teams, 3 All Star MS teams and 2 All Star youth teams of some of our best kids in the state. Kids are just more interested in folkstyle. I think that's the reason why Disney Duals are starting to build up into a tough event now.

As far as Jr/Cadet Duals, I think the number of teams were up since last year, so who knows.

However, when talking with college coaches, they aren't so much interested in the style, but the kids competing and testing themselves. If it means folk or freestyle, they'll go where the kids are competing.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."