Author Topic: 1st Tourney of the year!  (Read 1637 times)

Offline yomama cantrassle

• DIII
    • View Profile
1st Tourney of the year!
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »
I'm fired up! Get to watch my first wrestling tournament of the season(Super 32 qualifier in GA), college football starts up this weekend(even if the DAWGS are playin some scrubs), and my girlfriend is makin me a banana pudding. Heaven......

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Tourney of the year!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:58:31 PM »
Quote from: "yomama cantrassle"
I'm fired up! Get to watch my first wrestling tournament of the season(Super 32 qualifier in GA), college football starts up this weekend(even if the DAWGS are playin some scrubs), and my girlfriend is makin me a banana pudding. Heaven......
What is the Super 32 Qualifier?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:00:21 PM »
This year Super 32 is holding numerous qaulifiers
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Drooke

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »
This is Indiana's pre-season tourny and Super 32 quali.....

http://www.indianamat.com/indianamat-co ... n/2010/07/

To see the entrants click on the link to register for the event.

Drooke

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:50 PM »
This information is provided in the link I mentioned above from indianamat.com

Super 32 Early Entry Information

Top 4 placers in each tournament (High School division only) qualify for EARLY ENTRY into the Super 32. Here’s how it will work:
If you place at the tournament, you will be asked by the tournament director to provide your name and email address. Make sure you write very clearly because this is how we will be contacting you!
A few days before early registration opens, you will receive an email with a link you will use to register
Early Registration will open on Sunday, Sept 19 (exact time TBA) and run through Thursday, Sept 23.
You must register during this time window or you will lose your preferred status and will have to wait until regular registration opens
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: these tournaments qualify you for early registration. They do not guarantee your entry into the tournament. If you do not take advantage of the early registration opportunity from Sept 19-23, you will have to wait and register during regular registration, and you might miss the entry cutoff
These qualifying tournaments are for early entry. It is not required to wrestle in a qualifying tournament in order to wrestle in the Super 32
You are not required to wrestle the same weight class in the Super 32 that you wrestle in the qualifying tournament
You may wrestle in more than one qualifying tournament
If you are already qualified for early entry into the Super 32 based on other criteria (Super 32 placer, State Finalist, etc) you may still compete in the qualifying tournament. If someone who is already qualified places in the top 4, there will be no additional wrestlers to qualify (ie, if a state champion places 1st in the qualifying tournament, this does not mean that the wrestler who places 5th qualifies)
As with the Super 32, no membership card is required to wrestle in the qualifying tournaments

Drooke

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:32:07 PM »
I see an Angry Fish has signed up for IndianaMat's Hoosier Preseason Open.

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »
Let me just say I was in no way disappointed in the wrestling I got to see on Saturday. I only got to see a couple of hours, but it was worth it. Saw a little bit of mat rust on some kids, but saw some really good competition. Almost got to see a 112 final w #17 @ 103lbs Drew Ferguson and #18 @ 112lbs JR Wert, but Ferguson got injured in Quarters and withdrew after winning semis.

Hope everyone else is having a good labor day

Drooke

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 10:45:51 PM »
Yomama, what and how severe was the injury to Drew?

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »
Don't think it was too bad. He was able to wrestle a semifinal match and win. Think they were just being cautious. He'll be at super 32. Think he might be at 112lbs permanently now. I was really impressed w collins hills 103lber sean russel. He's had alot of success on the national scene and is transitioning well wrestling against high school kids.

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »
Oh yeah, AND my dawgs beat the hell out of a respectable rec football team in louisiana-lafayette.....

Drooke

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »
I'm glad to hear it was most probably precautionary...

What a great way to spend your holiday weekend YC!