Author Topic: Wade Schalles - Killer Cradles  (Read 4373 times)

Offline caseman

• OW
    • View Profile
Wade Schalles - Killer Cradles
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:58:16 pm »
I was wondering if any of you guys have the DVD set of Wade Schalles - Killer Cradles?  What do you think of it compared to other instructional videos?  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.  Send me a PM if you are interested in discussing a deal or trade.
Better to die of thirst than drink from the cup of mediocrity

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Wade Schalles - Killer Cradles
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 03:30:48 pm »
If you like his cradles you'll LOVE Gene Mill's half nelson.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline N Stanley

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 12:48:41 am »
I like Schalles' cradle stuff.  I mentioned to one of our kids club coaches that I thought this DVD series was great and in the off season he went out and bought it and the next year, I went to a local kids tourney and saw their whole team hitting the cradle series that we do at the HS.  Good stuff I think.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »
Quote from: "N Stanley"
I like Schalles' cradle stuff.  I mentioned to one of our kids club coaches that I thought this DVD series was great and in the off season he went out and bought it and the next year, I went to a local kids tourney and saw their whole team hitting the cradle series that we do at the HS.  Good stuff I think.

Burns Cradle. Enough said.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline caseman

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:53:24 am »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
Quote from: "N Stanley"

Rock,  Give me some more info on what you are talking about.  I'm not familiar with Burns.

Offline pressXpress

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:03 am »
Wade Schalles videos are the absolute best! I have Killer Cradles and I have others. Let me know what you have in mind as far as a trade and maybe we could work a deal.

Offline caseman

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 10:13:41 am »
pressXpress -

I sent you a private message....send a reply when you get a chance.

Offline ajt

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:19:24 pm »
i havent seen the cradle one, but im a fan of the legal pain videos he made.

Laws control the lesser man... Right conduct controls the greater one.
Mark Twain

Offline N Stanley

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 12:58:01 pm »
Quote from: Rockhard
Quote from: N Stanley
I like Schalles' cradle stuff.  I mentioned to one of our kids club coaches that I thought this DVD series was great and in the off season he went out and bought it and the next year, I went to a local kids tourney and saw their whole team hitting the cradle series that we do at the HS.  Good stuff I think.

Rock,  Give me some more info on what you are talking about.  I'm not familiar with Burns.

Rock's reference to Burns is Burns High School in Oregon.  They just won their 10th State title in a row in a small school division, but they have been REALLY good despite having zero economy, long travel distances, no transfer kids, several coaches coming and going, etc.  The one constant over the past ten years has been winning and the "highlander hook" or crossface cradle.  Their teams look like a collection of JV basketball rejects--tall, lanky and bad hair.  They've done a great job and my hats off to their community for keeping it going for so long.  Going back to them being a small school, this by no means should make you think they haven't been big school good.  A few years ago they won the Sierra-Nevada Classic a couple of years in a row.  Rock probably could give you more info since his school is the same size.

Offline clmetal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 09:08:45 am »
If anyone has this and would like to make a trade, please PM me