Author Topic: Sign-up for the New Fantasy NCAA Wrestling Season!  (Read 16257 times)

Drooke

Sign-up for the New Fantasy NCAA Wrestling Season!
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:34:16 AM »
I believe it is indeed time for those that played last year to sign up once more and also for the newbies that are interested in playing to sign up as well. 

I will go first...yep I'm interested.

1. Drooke
2. Viratas
3. Akin
4. Cicero
5. Rockhard
6. LoSt
7. Brycemus
8. ACGuns
9. Intensity Guru
10. BryanB
11. ViseGrip
12. NYwrestler4Life

Keep in mind that I am next to the number 1....that is also where I expect to be at the end of the season.

Newbies....

1. TehGratest
2. Gage
3. jackconner1221
4. yomama cantrassle
5. Styus197
6. herbp
7. Cowboy4ver
8. Crablegs
9. Irishawk5
10. Skittles
11. DiMaria

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:52:23 PM by Drooke »

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
Re: Sign-up for the New Fantasy NCAA Wrestling Season!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:15:55 AM »
Viratas
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 09:56:27 AM »
Akin.....and I will still keep tabs on the scoring, if you guys want me to.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Drooke

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
Absofreakinlutely Nika!  I wouldn't have it any other way....you were nails last season!

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
Sign me up.  I'm in it to win it.  Ya'll arent even ready!

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »
Tell us that didnt partake last year the rules
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »

Do what??

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

How long have you been speaking English?

Offline JensenS

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 03:04:59 PM »

I can't speak to what they plan on changing in the league here this year, but I believe last year they basically copied the rules from the league that I created over on my site. I've copied the rules below.

Basics
1. 14 teams in the league. 15 wrestlers per team. You start 11 wrestlers each week, one guy from each weight 125-285 and then a flex guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.

2. No head to head, scoring is based on total points. Regular season runs through the week of conference tournaments. The top 4 teams after the conference tournament will advance to the playoffs during NCAA's, the two highest scoring teams during the conference week who finish that week outside of the top 4 will also advance to NCAA's.

3. 3 points for a win by decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech, 6 for a pin/dual meet forfeit/injury default

4. All dual meets count for points. We'll also count the All Star match, Kauffman Brand, Las Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle, PSU Open, MSU Open, NC State Open, Body Bar, Navy Classic, Brockport, EMU Open, Binghamton Open, Missouri Open, and PSACS.

5. Wrestlers who win the Vegas, Reno, Midlands, and Scuffle tournaments will get a ten point bonus added to those scores for the week. Wrestlers who finish second in those tournament will get five bonus points.

6. Wrestlers who win the Big 10 or Big 12 tournaments will get 16 bonus points, runners up in those tournaments will get 12 points. Wrestlers who win OW at those tournaments will get 5 points. All other conferences will carry a 12 point bonus for winning the tournament and an 8 point bonus for second.

7. The Hodge Winner, the NCAA OW, and the Gorrarian Winner also receive 5 bonus points.

8. Trades are permitted, free agency isn't. There will be a trade deadline of 2/17

9. Supplemental will be back in its standard format.

10. If you're returning to the league you'll be able to keep a wrestler from your roster last year. If you keep a wrestler he counts as your first round pick.

11. The back up rule/weight bump rule will be the same as it was last year. If your wrestler bumps up a weight class in a dual meet and wins you get his points. If your wrestler sits out a dual and his back up wins and no one has his back up you'll get points there so long as no one else has the back up on their team. If your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back up's points no matter who has the back up.

12. Back ups will still be eligible for tournaments. Like last year though you'll have to specifically declare the back up as your guy the points won't be automatic. The one exception for this will be conference week where you'll automatically get back up points if your guy sits out and his back up isn't on anyone else's team.

13. If your wrestler beats a guy in the Intermat Top 20 at a tournament that we don't score you'll get points for that. I'll do my best to track those results down but its in your own best interest to bring those results up to me if they happen

14. If you trade a guy away and for some reason experience buyers remorse you'll have to wait three weeks to get him back.

15. We'll use official tournament scoring for NCAA's again. This is the only tournament where we'll use this system.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 03:15:11 PM »
Yes, bascially those are the rules we used last year, with possibly some tweaks. There has been discussion about scoring all tournaments this year and giving more weight to the more prestigious ones. At this point it is only discussion. I have not talked to Lost lately, but I am hoping that we get the league participants figured out in the next few weeks and then get the draft over with sooner rather than later. We'll see how that goes.

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 06:26:54 PM »
Why wasn't my name added to the list?

Offline Gage

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 10:11:17 PM »
I will join. Thanks
One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments.

Drooke

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
Cool Gage, I will add you to the newbie list as well.  I know you competed in a league last year so I'm confident you know the ropes and have enough interest to see a season through. 

TehGratest....have you been involved in a fantasy wrestling league before?  If so what was your line-up?

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 07:58:06 AM »
I have been in a league before, yes.  Check your PM Mr. Drooke.

Offline jackconner1221

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
i will joing please!!!!

jackconner@mac.com