Author Topic: 2010 Draft  (Read 8191 times)

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
2010 Draft
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:09:17 AM »
When is this going to happen?  I saw in one thread someone said Oct. 10.  How about instead Oct. 11?  I think more people are likely to be at their computer during the week.  I know I will be away from the computer all day the 10th.

Also, if we are going to have the carry over rule, can we get a list of who all is being held on to from last year?  Might be handy for everyone to know who is already off the table.    Especially since someone like Lost has a pretty tough decision to make on what one person he is going to hold on to. 
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Drooke

Re: 2010 Draft
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »
Cicero who are you keeping from your team?
My choices are...
Oliver
Nauman
Dake
Henrich
K. Smith
I'm really torn on who to keep.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »
Dake
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 04:34:46 PM »
as bad as my team was last season this is an EASY choice for me.  I'll keep McBono
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
I don't have a very hard choice really.

I have Sanders, Fil Novachkov, Asper, Simaz and Lane coming back.  I haven't done any research but I'm pretty sure one of them dominates the rest by most measures. 
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »
You dont have to keep someone do you Cicero?  Just an option right?

Also, Drooke, while I'd rather not give advice I think I know who I'd keep if I were you, and it's not even close.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »
Right.  It did occur to me that waiting until the draft or at least until the draft order comes out might make sense for who people are keeping.  There are a few people who have an obvious first round pick, but then Lost and Drooke have at least 2 first round picks on their team from last year.  And then some people it depends on where they are in the order.  Whoever Lost gives up is going to be long gone after I would say the 3rd pick.  I presume Burroughs is a total free agent which makes things interesting. 

As for Drooke's conundrum, the stats show a victor but it is relatively close especially considering where the runner-up has a strength.   

Drooke

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
I want to keep Dake badly, but I'm scared of Cornells coaching practices.

Actually Dake stat-wise is fourth on my list ( I left one of my initial list).  Although he does win tournaments (bonus).

If Oliver were wrestling at 141 It would be a much harder decision.  Now it appears as though he will be be bumping up to 141 from time to time and sitting out of some duals while he gets his weight in control...that will throw a monkey-wrench into scheduling.

Smith is out although he puts up HUGE bonus...because boise wrestles like 5 teams all season.

Nauman and Henrich are money stat wise. Nauman is a pinner and Henrich at least majors almost all of his opponents.

Cicero brought up a good point about the draft order and how that would affect if we kept someone or not.  I say we release the draft order two days before the draft and the day before the draft we have to say if we are keeping someone.....what say all of you?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
Once we figure out a date for the draft and who will be in the the league, we will figure out a draft order. I have a random order program that I can put all the names in to make sure that everyone has the same shot at getting the first pick.

I would like to get input into possibly adding other tournaments to the list of scoring tournaments. I don't think that the idea of scoring any and all tournaments will fly, but I would like to see about adding some more(maybe 2-3). If anyone has any ideas, please speak up. For those that weren't involved last season, here is the list of scoring tournaments we used:

Kauffman Brand Open, Las Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle, Penn State Open, Michigan State Open, NC State Open, Body Bar Invitational, Navy Classic,  the Brockport tournament, the EMU Open, and the Binghamton Open.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:07:21 PM by AKIN »

Drooke

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »
Who is on your list for potential saves Nika?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 11:23:48 PM »
Most of my guys were seniors or no longer on the team(Marion), so in no particular order:

Alan Gelogaev-Okie State(going 285 really intrigues me)
Jamal Parks-Okie State
Billy Ashnault-Rutgers

Drooke

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 11:31:42 PM »
Yep Z is going to be fun to watch this season.  He is right up there on my list of intriguing weight changes.... Dake, Burroughs, Reader, Miller, Sponsellor, Kinser, and Young (I'm sure I'm missing several those are just off the top of my head).

I would LOVE to see (as you stated earlier) Ashmore beat out Robles for 125...heck it may even be an advantage for Robles to go up a weight as he will be seeing many of them for the first time ever (which imo is a huge advantage). 

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 12:06:24 AM »
I really think that Ashmore could do very, very well at 125 and I agree that Robles could do well at 133.

Drooke

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 12:24:17 AM »
V, good morning.  When you read this holler at LoSt and tell him to make an appearance over here.  gracias

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 07:15:07 AM »
Will do
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory