Author Topic: 2010 Draft  (Read 8512 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Draft
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 10:56:11 PM »
splitting up the old hats kind of screws my plan to keep McBono
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Drooke

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »
I never thought about that Bryce, I suppose that would be a concession we would make is that the vets still get a keeper if they want.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 11:53:33 PM »
If we do split up the old league, those guys would still have the option of keeping one wrestler from last season as their 1st round pick.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Drooke

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »
have you recieved any feed back in the mixing of both leagues Akin? Or, if lost is with us?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »
I have nothing on either, as of now.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:39 AM »
I vote to keep the returnees and anyone else with previous experience in one league and the second league to be for the rookies.
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 11:08:05 AM »
The draft should start sometime this coming weekend, maybe Sunday evening. There has been a proposal that we throw everyones name into a hat and draw for the rosters of each league. That way we have a mix of guys from last season with the new ones that are wanting in this year. I don't have an issue with this, and I don't have an issue with having one league with the guys from last year and another with the guys that signed up to play this year. What is your opinion. We will be making a decision on this within the next couple of days, so let us know quickly. Thanks.
Sunday works best for me. In fact it may be the only chance I get.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »
If the draft is the same as last year, it won't be a one day thing. It took about 8 days to complete. This year with 2 drafts going on, it is going to be very interesting. Once we get the league rosters set, I will be needing a volunteer or two from both leagues to help keep the drafts moving.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
I'm doing the draft with my friends right now.  To make things easier to see I made a google spreadsheet to show the rounds and how the teams are coming together.  It is working so far.  Makes it pretty easy to keep track of who is taken.  Just an idea to try and smooth things out with two leagues.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 05:05:57 PM »
I think something that will help is giving the phone number of the person following and preceeding someone in the draft to people.  so If it's my pick

the guy before me text's that his pick is in
I text back an acknowledgement that it's my turn
I make my pick and text the guy behind me
the guy behind says he knows it's his turn
he makes his pick and texts the guy behind him
etc etc etc.

it's difficult for me to jump online sometimes on the weekend if I'm busy so there's no way i can miss my turn this way.  as opposed to constantly looking online to see if it's my turn
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »
Everyone in the draft will need to get their cell number or best way to contact them to V before the draft. He will get in touch with whoever is up. The biggest thing is everyone needs to be responsible for keeping up with the status of the draft and when their pick is coming up. I understand we all have stuff going on, but it doesn't take a ton of effort to keep up. I will do my best to keep both drafts moving along as quickly as I can, but I will need help from all of you.

Offline Gage

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:45 PM »
can somebody just post the draft order??? Please I want this to get FIRED UP!!!
One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »
Please check the 2010 Fantasy section for an announcement concerning the leagues.

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »
I personally think any tournament should count. You get the wrestler and their schedule, just like real wrestling.

I agree whole heartedly -EVERY school schedules 2-3 pud quads and if your guy breaks his leg in an unscored tournament THAT sure as hell will count . IF you are wrestling you are wrestling .
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann