Author Topic: TOM’s Top Prospect Report: 165  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: TOM’s Top Prospect Report: 165
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »
Is your #4 pick John Guzzo the son of coach Bob Guzzo?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »
Wally Figaro has placed 3rd, 3rd and 4th at State, but hasn't won it yet.  He should be among the favorites this coming season.

Offline futurama

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:50 PM »
I trust that you guys have better info than the rest of us but local boards here in NW PA have reported that Mark Havers is currently attending Bradford HS and have posted BHS football box scores as proof. The rumor in these parts was that he was going to transfer to Kiski and I suppose he still could prior to wrestling season, but I don't think that he is there yet.

Good job with the rankings BTW!  As a fan, I certainly appreciate the hard work and time that goes into doing it for the rest of us!  Great site- keep it up!

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
Thanks, I will get on Willie to see about that
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline OldFan 1

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
No Relation

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:40:29 PM »
No Relation

Oldfan, gald to see you made it over here!
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
No Relation

Thanks... welcome to  TOM!
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:06:25 PM »
Bob H...ya know, thats one thing that really makes me shake my head...the fac that Figaro hasn't won states in FLA.

but he's one of these athletic kids that have real upside. like i said, im worried about his stamina, but the potential is there if he gets in the right program, and after the top 2 there was a significant drop off at 165 this year.

OldFan...how ya doin buddy?

for those that don't know, Oldfan is a passionate wrestling fan and an avid supporter of TOM and posts a great deal of our articles on various boards. good to see him here.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 06:49:51 PM »
The only reason I mentioned it is because the report lists him as a state champion.  I'm not trying to pick on him.  He had some very close matches and could have won it the last two years if he had wrestled just a little better, but he didn't.

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
Bryce Hammond is one of the nice's kids you guys will ever meet. Glad to see him as the #1 guy at 165lbs.This year Bakersfield will be coming down to Southern California this season 3 times(Mann Classic,Raul Huerta Classic and Temecula Valley Invitational) Can't wait to see him lock up with the southern section kids.
"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

-Confucius

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 03:52:54 AM »
I trust that you guys have better info than the rest of us but local boards here in NW PA have reported that Mark Havers is currently attending Bradford HS and have posted BHS football box scores as proof. The rumor in these parts was that he was going to transfer to Kiski and I suppose he still could prior to wrestling season, but I don't think that he is there yet.

Good job with the rankings BTW!  As a fan, I certainly appreciate the hard work and time that goes into doing it for the rest of us!  Great site- keep it up!

hey futurama. how's it going?

i had heard both sides of the coin for havers, that he was staying, that he was going. the last i heard, he was going to Kiski. i guess that wasn't the case. to be speciifc, Evan Henderson and Zach Bridson told me Havers was going to Kiski. i guess that changed. I'll have to update his analysis.

sorry about that.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...