Poll

Roethlisberger's suspension is over. Would it be if he was black?

YES
0 (0%)
NO
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Ben Roethlisberger  (Read 2386 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Ben Roethlisberger
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
His suspension is over. Would it be if he was black?
Yes or no?

(sorry cant see how to make a poll in this new format)
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Roethlisberger
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »
Yes.
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Hardcore

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
Very strange poll question. Just another one of those things in life that make you scratch your head and go Hmmmmmmm.

Go Steelers!

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 08:20:57 PM »
I think he'll play next week, but Batch will still start...at least for that game.  Black and Gold!
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »
No
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »
No. He'd be serving a one year suspension.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
Thank you!

At least someone is clued in here.  Lord knows Im not one to bandy the word racism about, but I think there is clear double standard here when it comes to issues of sex and race. Those old stereotypes of black men and white women die hard. I doubt nearly as much would be made of Phil Mickelson having a sex addiction as there was with Tiger.

And now add in the rape allegation and there is ZERO tolerance for black men when it comes to white women.

Offline Spladlemaster

• LXP
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:45:52 PM »
Visegrip, remember everyone knows who tiger is. Most sports fans know who Phil is but not my mom and sister, but my mom and sister know Tiger.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »
Visegrip, remember everyone knows who tiger is. Most sports fans know who Phil is but not my mom and sister, but my mom and sister know Tiger.

True but dont believe for a minute that him being black had nothing to do with all of the coverage about sex.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
I think the Tiger story was simply so large that it covered all parts of the newspaper:

Sports - Obviously
Business - First Billionaire Athlete
Society - Affairs tend to end up in this section for all celebs and "wait, you're a celeb?"
Front Page - Add those three sections up and you get front page news.

When I was in Cairo last winter, I was having dinner with some other coaches.  One was from Dubai.  He had his blackberry going crazy becuase that day was the same day as Tiger's press conference post-scandal.  He was saying that since so much money was being invested in the name of Tiger in that city, many people were jumpy that investors may pull out.

I think the Tiger story line trascended all sections of the newspaper and thus the story kept going and going. 

I have been living overseas during all of these scandals and there simply was no media coverage of the Big Ben story.  All articles about it was (to my knowledge) limited to ESPN and the like.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »
His suspension is over. Would it be if he was black?
Yes or no?

(sorry cant see how to make a poll in this new format)
You didn't click on "new poll" once you were taken to the poll forum.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville