Author Topic: ***FANTASY LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT***PLEASE READ ASAP****  (Read 4258 times)

Drooke

Re: ***FANTASY LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT***PLEASE READ ASAP****
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »
Yak Rider....GREAT Name and welcome to the board.  If you feel as though you might hold things up you could always pm Akin several of your preferred picks and when your place comes up if you aren't available Akin can just make a pick for you from your list.

Also, I gotta know...how did you come up with the screen name?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
Any PM's concerning draft picks need to have Viratas copied on them. You can PM me, but make sure you copy Viratas, also. That way we have multiple people keeping up with it. Thanks.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Drooke

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
Akin, nice job by the way!  When is the deadline for declaring who we are keeping from last years roster?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 10:09:47 PM »
For those that were in last seasons league and are wanting to use your 1st round draft pick for a player from your roster from that league, you MUST post the wrestlers name that you are wanting to keep by 12:00 midnight Sunday night. If have not posted anything by then, you forfeit your ability to keep a wrestler. NO EXCEPTIONS

Drooke

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »
Lordy, I'm stoked for this season...obviously League #1 has quite a few new faces but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of them....... and then beating all of them soundly.....you too Nika.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »
I'm just hoping has a good time this season and that everyone can stay involved the whole time. It is not as fun if everyone is not participating the entire season.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »
ok picking first kind of sucks...I mean I'd get to keep my guy regardless of where I picked...and everyone else will now get to make their Real first round draft pick before I get to...

dang.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »
You could always let McD go....
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »
bwaaahahhahahaahaaahhhaaaaaa

Drooke

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 01:12:22 PM »
...Or you could trade your number one draft SPOT to someone with the 11th or 12th. That way you would get to keep McBono then turn around and have another near top ten wrestler within one pick. And the fella that trades with you gets a number one pick. Full of win for everyone!

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 03:54:15 PM »
I've spoken with my consultant and we're going to stand pat

so where do I say officially that I'm keeping McBono? as my first pick

just wait until you guys see my next two ... you're all gonna lose
especially LoSt

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 04:04:09 PM »
Sumecyrb, check the 2010 Section for the thread for keepers. I will go ahead and mark McBono down as your first pick of the draft on the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 08:35:36 PM »
thanks for the welcome.   i will pm akin my contact info for the draft on monday.  i should be able to keep up with the draft but if i find i am dragging i will send some options to akin and veritas.   

drooke,  i've used the name of yak rider for some years now and it was given to me during a period in my life when i was heavily involved with eastern philosophy/meditation/karate etc etc.

although very experienced in fantasy sports and very interested and involved in wrestling i have never been in a league like this and am looking forward to it although i might take a few lumps learning the ins and outs as is the case in most leagues.  however, the experience helps in future years and leagues.

thus being a newbie i do have a few questions.   

1.  is league #1 just made up of newer or inexperienced people as i see names in the league that i assume have been playing for awhile?  the reason i ask is i was just wondering if league #1 will allow keepers or is that just for league #2 of old timers?

2.  also, i am a bit confused on back ups etc.  if a wrestler bumps up is the back up who gets the points a wrestler on your own roster you might have at that weight who will automatically get the start or is it the wrestler who the actual team (iowa for example) replaces the bumped up guy with.      an example would be oliver.  do i take him at 33 and what happens if/when he goes to 41?  in this case should i just make sure i have a backup at 33 to cover this or would i get whomever state replaces him with?  also, should oliver in this example move to 41 then either he or whomever was my original 41lber would be my flex guy and then the original flex guy would sit?   

any help understanding this would be appreciated.  aaah the growing pains already. 
thanks
mac
wag more...  bark less

Drooke

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
Answer #1 - The leagues are a random mix of both the individuals that played here last season and the new (newbies) that signed up for the new season.  I agree the random mix did indeed seem to dump many of the veterans in League #2.... this was done because some people wanted into the "A" league and Akin deemed this was the only viable option to make things fair for everyone.  I will be keeping someone from last years roster I just haven't decided who yet...I will probably decide within the next day (Dake, Oliver, and Smith).

Answer #2 - You are drafting the individual and the weight in a way.  I will use your example ...if you Draft Oliver and he is working on his weight and fluctuating between 133 and 141 in duals and opens you have to specifly exactly where he will be wrestling in your line-up from week to week .... i if you have him in your line-up at 133 and he doesn't pull the weight (and wrestles at 141) then you will be able to score his back-ups points....not his.  If he chooses to forget trying to cut the weight and settle into 141 then you can use him in your line-up the rest of the season at 141...but as you alluded then you are stuck without a 133, unless you had a back-up.  This is one of the reasons why I don't believe I will be saving Jordan...the early part of the season could be tough to predict where he will be until he gets settled in.

If there are several people vying for a spot (i.e Iowa) like Marion, Leclere, and Slaton last year then if you picked Slaton and he didn't wrestle then you would get the back-ups points (either Marion or LeClere) UNLESS someone else drafted Marion or LeClere (or both) In that situation you would be twisting in the wind with a wasted pick.

The more I typed I began to wonder if any of it made sense....did it?  If not, I will try again.

Thanks for the insight into the name Yak Rider....and once again.... Welcome to TOM and League #1....you will have a blast...I guarantee!

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
thanks drooke

yes that helped alot.  i didn't understand the meaning of backup.  i didn't know if it referred to someone on my roster that was backing up my starter or if it meant that (in our example) whomever okie st put in for oliver was the backup.  so my understanding is if i draft oliver, assuming you cut him, and he goes up to 41 then i would get whatever points a shenk or goblet or whoever wrestles 133 would get? and how long would this go on, if oliver then does decide to stay at 41 until tourney time or something?  let me know if my misunderstanding is still a misunderstanding. 

nice pic.  actually i have a nice icon of a bald zen monk riding a yak in caricature form but from being computer declined i have no idea how to put that on my link.  i am glad at least you have me riding the yak in the manner intended as opposed to how it has been interpreted by some in the past.  :-[

thanks again and i am looking forward to competing and gaining experience for future leagues.
wag more...  bark less