Author Topic: League #1 Discussion  (Read 3509 times)

Drooke

League #1 Discussion
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
Hey folks, lets use this thread for any questions or discussion pertaining to ALL things before and after the draft commences.

League #1 Draft Order

1. BryanB
2. Rockhard
3. DiMaria
4. Akin
5. Irishawk5
6. Drooke
7. Yomama cantrassle
8. Yak Rider
9. Visegrip
10. Skittles
11. Crablegs
12. Jackconner1221

Also it would be cool if everyone would at least give a shout out in this thread before the draft starts so that we know everyone is still onboard.

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
Re: League #1 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »
I'm in. When it's the draft?
"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

-Confucius

Drooke

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 11:38:22 PM »
It begins 9:00 monday morning.  Although I'm not sure what timezone I guess as Akin is from Texas and he is running this horse and pony show.

You can find more info about the league(s) on the Fantasy Forum on the CHILD BOARD section.  That is why I started this thread because It was a bit confusing for me....and I live here practically. 

When V gets a chance we need to form two sub-forums .... one for League #1 and one for League #2.

Also I think there are four of us that may be keeping one person each from last years squads....myself, akin, bryan B, and Rock.....

Drooke

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »
Akin is keeping.... Alan Gelogaev-285 Okie State aka "Z"

That is his #1 pick, so he is off of the board.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 01:13:30 AM »
The spreadsheets have already been updated to show Brycemus and my picks. The spreadsheets should help everyone keep up with who has been picked. I will try to keep them as current as possible as everyone makes their picks.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Drooke

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:14:57 AM »
Akin, what time zone are we using for deadlines?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »
Central time....I have 12:35am right now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:34:30 AM by AKIN »
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Drooke

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 01:46:16 AM »
Ok....  I also had a rule addition that I had put up for consideration earlier but no one really talked about it, although last season LoSt did think it was a viable option.

During the supplemental Draft I proposed that the rules stayed the same with ONE exception...that we could add one addtional wrestler to our roster without having to drop one.  What say you , Akin. 

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 02:01:45 AM »
I don't have an issue with that.

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 09:52:19 AM »
i'm in.   so 2 wrestlers are off the board now?  how many more will be before the rest start drafting?  being a newbie i was wondering if someone could clarify the backup questions in my head.  for the obvious example of oliver:  i would pick him as a 33 lber but if he moves to 41, i no longer can use him at 133?  so i would have to make sure i have a backup at 133?  and then either he or my original 41lber would either have to be the flex spot or sit?  by getting points for one's backup are we talking a backup that would be on my roster at the same weight or, in this example, whomever is the backup for oliver from ok st?
sorry for all the questions but just don't want to pick a oliver type wrestler have him bump up and be left with a hole and also 3 wrestlers trying to fit into 2 spots.

thanks
mac
wag more...  bark less

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »
Let me see if I can clarify that for you:

If you put Oliver in your weekly line-up at 133 and he wrestles at 141, you would get whatever points the OSU 133lb wrestler(if that wrestler is NOT on someone elses roster) gets for that dual. You would not get any points for Oliver, as he is not wrestling the weight you have him slotted in. If you have Olver as your flex, you would receive points for what he does at any weight in the dual.

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »
thanks    i think i got it.   i am sure there might be a time or two where i am nailing my head against the wall learning the tricks of the trade as it were.   i've been playing the other fantasy sports so long that one learns little "ticks" and nuances that are only learned by experience. 
example for any football guys is drafting terrell suggs as a lineman because he is listed as such when in reality he is a linebacker and one gets linebacker points from a lineman  etc etc.
looking forward to monday.   mac
wag more...  bark less

Offline skittles

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »
I'm in but during the day my dad will make my picks for me.  My teachers won't excuse me from class to check the draft.  I don't have a cell phone, my e-mail is largegreenman@hotmail.com.
Your efforts are admirable, but you will come to the realization that you can never defeat me.

Offline jackconner1221

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 07:27:31 PM »
so do we do are pick by posting it on the thread? or bye text or something?

Drooke

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »
Yo Jack, A thread will be started monday morning with a name like "League #1 Draft"  all of the picks will be listed there.  Since you are last in the picking order you get two picks in a row.