Author Topic: 2010-2011 Draft Thoughts  (Read 2802 times)

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
2010-2011 Draft Thoughts
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:16:52 am »
Any??? Props to Yomama and Visegrip for going with 2 freshman Seibert and Perry. Skittles picks are sick!!!
"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

-Confucius

Drooke

Re: 2010-2011 Draft Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 12:26:17 am »
Yep Skittles is locked on...I about had a fit when I saw he picked Nauman....he was on my roster last year and I really became attached to that bonus point machine.

Taylor was also drafted as a RS frosh though....Steiber was the only true frosh as of yet....I think.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:48 am »
Hopefully we can get on a roll tomorrow. As long as everyone can pay attention to the draft, we should be able to get some more rounds done than today.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline irishawk5

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 01:18:04 am »
I know it was my first time but I thought it moved rather smoothly, better than I had expected.  Huge thanks to Drooke, V and Akin and anyone else who helped in tracking results, texting people, et al. 

Can't wait to get finished up and put a team on the mat.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:45 pm »
my only thought is a lot of dirty words directed at a holier than thou person who will remain nameless because I don't want Cowboy to get embarrassed.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »
Im kinda hacked at Drooke for stealing Ruggirello from me and at Yak for that Kerber larceny.

Jus sayin'

Oh yeah... and at Skittles for stealing Benifiel!

All of you should be ashamed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:04:14 pm by ViseGrip »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »
if you like kerber i'll trade him to you.   outside of mcdonough and taylor and the altons i don't have a problem with trading anybody on my team.  of course whichever alton redshirts is available as well.   ;)
wag more...  bark less

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »
Im long on 165 and you're long on 141 so what do you think of.....

My Hatchett 165 and Nelson 141 for your Kerber 165 and Diaz 141 perhaps.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline yak rider

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:32 pm »
vice    i always like talking trades but think i will hold off on your offer.  i don't see how this would help me.  just using tom's rankings, which i admit are not the be and end all but those rankings have diaz #7 and nelson 16 and  kerber #7   hatchett  14.  huh? 
being from and coaching in lancaster pa i have known and have watched fittery since he was little as he was local.  unfortunately, i only have taylor @57 and would not trade taylor.   if i had another 57 lber i would throw kerber in and take something very minor back but at this point i don't see us matching up well.   i thought maybe you knew kerber personally or he was from your area or something like that and that is why you wanted him.
wag more...  bark less

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:57 pm »
vice    i always like talking trades but think i will hold off on your offer.  i don't see how this would help me.  just using tom's rankings, which i admit are not the be and end all but those rankings have diaz #7 and nelson 16 and  kerber #7   hatchett  14.  huh? 
being from and coaching in lancaster pa i have known and have watched fittery since he was little as he was local.  unfortunately, i only have taylor @57 and would not trade taylor.   if i had another 57 lber i would throw kerber in and take something very minor back but at this point i don't see us matching up well.   i thought maybe you knew kerber personally or he was from your area or something like that and that is why you wanted him.
I only went with Diaz because I thought you wanted to hold onto the other 2. I was trying to match up where we both had 3 in a weight.

Offline yomama cantrassle

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 12:18:52 pm »
Embarrasingly I have to admit I didn't read any rules before the draft and didn't realize I needed to factor in pin and tech bonus until halfway in the draft when Drooke started calling wrestlers bonus machines. Betting on Steiber to still take care of that for me. High expectations.....

Again, gotta give serious props to Drooke for keeping me updated when I had no access. I will def buy you beers one day or get ya back somehow.

Drooke

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 09:15:54 pm »
It's all good Yomama.....I'm not that nice of a guy though or else I would have sent you these links to look at   8)  ....but now that the draft is over I will give you something to think about for next season.

The link is the NWCA home page, once on the home page click on the "NWCA stat tracker" and scroll down to "college individual results".

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcawebsite/home.aspx

When you get to the college individual results page you can change the filters....change the year to last season 2009/10 .... and change Top Count to 150...change Statistics to wins .... and Division to Division 1.

That will give you some great info .... but you can also dial it in a different way by making the changes mentioned above with ONE exception.... Change Statistics to TotalTeamPtsScored....and VOILA .....awesome fantasy wrestling assist.

Let me know what you think bro.  Also Steiber was a great pick...it is gonna be fun in the top half of the big ten at 125 this season.

Offline yak rider

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »
hey drooke     i know you were sharing the link with yomama but thanks for the link.   it's nice of you to share it as it is just interesting and fun to look at the numbers and stats.  i can appreciate you keeping the tidbit of knowledge under your hat till after the draft as i would have too, but it's nice of you to share a neat website with us now.   it's these things that the experienced fantasy players in all the fantasy sports have and use to make a winning season.   again thanks 
wag more...  bark less

Offline yomama cantrassle

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 11:02:01 am »
yeah, thats a seriously cool link. can't wait for the season to get underway! i picked a couple of guys just because they are local. hopefully they will score me a point or two.