Author Topic: Low Down Dirty Database Blues  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
Low Down Dirty Database Blues
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »
We had a serious problem with the database, which has just been corrected.  The database problem caused other problems on the system, which was why we've been down most of the day. The move to the new server is still pending.

Unfortunately (and almost predictably), this came at just about the most inconvenient time possible.  I have a loaded cargo van and a U-Haul trailer outside, which I was supposed to drive to Wisconsin about 7 hours ago.  The trip is unlikely to take fewer than 12 hours, and I have to run a clinic tomorrow at 3pm.  Realistically, I think the migration to the new server is likely to happen no sooner than Monday.  Hopefully things will go smoothly here between now and then.

The technical side of The Open Mat is my responsibility, and I apologize for the disruption.  Unfortunately this project isn't profitable, and my other responsibilities sometimes make it hard to take all the precautions I'd like.

Drooke

Re: Low Down Dirty Database Blues
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »
Safe travels Ray!

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »
No texting whille driving!  Safe travels!
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Hardcore

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:42:24 PM »
Ray, this is the house that you and V built. The roof may leak at times but you guys always fix it. I am grateful for what you provide us. A heart felt thank you.

Have a safe trip.