Author Topic: FILA Remembers John du Pont  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
FILA Remembers John du Pont
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:38:12 pm »
I'm not going to comment on how I feel about this.  Here is the lead article on their site, where it is accompanied by a picture.

JOHN E. DU PONT PASSED AWAY
lundi, 13 dйcembre 2010
Mr. John E. du Pont  died in his cell after a lung embolism at the age of 72. He was serving his sentence for the murder of the American Olympic Champion, Dave Schultz, the motive of which has never been established.

Heir of the du Pont de Nemours family, John E. du Pont was an eccentric multillionnaire, but yet fervent sponsor of our sport who greatly supported FILA and USA Wrestling. He founded the wrestling club "Team Foxcatcher" and was the initiator of the Veteran World Championships, which he financed for 10 years in a row. He was awarded the title of FILA Honorary member thanks to his generous contribution to wrestling. 

The wrestling family loses a man who truly loved our sport and FILA hopes that he will finally find the peace that he was seeking.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: FILA Remembers John du Pont
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:12:58 pm »
My gut tells me they should have just left this alone and said nothing.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:39 am »
Tough one to handle.  Dave rolled the dice and lost.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:16:43 pm »
My gut tells me they should have just left this alone and said nothing.

I agree. I don't care how much that dirtbag donated to the sport, he doesn't deserve any kind of press.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »
Painfully ineloquent.
The Seeking For One Thing Will Find Another - Irish Proverb

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:21:09 pm »

Poor analogy coach.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 05:35:26 pm »
Her's what it SHOULD have said.

JOHN E. DU PONT PASSED AWAY
lundi, 13 dйcembre 2010
Mr. John E. du Pont  died in his cell after a lung embolism at the age of 72. He was serving his sentence for the murder of the American Olympic Champion, Dave Schultz, the motive of which has never been established.

After that senseless murder, FILA withdrew its awards and recognition given to duPont for past financial contributions

The death of duPont  reminds the wrestling world once again of the outstanding life of one of its greatest champions and FILA hopes the Schultz family finds comfort in the worldwide morning for one of wrestlings greatest ambassadors.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:14:37 am »

Poor analogy coach.
Dave knew he was dealing with a major loose screw for quite some time.  Dave thought he could handle John and keep him in check while having great financial backing.  It was a risk from square 1 that backfired. Of course, no one figured it would end the way. it did.   His mental instability was severe.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

flag

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 02:25:34 pm »
Ejection from game on FILA for not acknowledging duPont for the deranged d-bag that he really was and the fact that he stole a great ambassador of the sport.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • VERA LIBERTAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 10:37:29 am »
Brought to you by the same money-grubbing scumbags who ruined freestyle.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »
Brought to you by the same money-grubbing scumbags who ruined freestyle.

They havent done Greco any favors either.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »
Life is filled with choices and Tom Brands made a decision he'll have to live with forever.  Accepting money from Dupont well after the murder was wrong.  He justified it in his own mind but I wouldn't want to be him.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:03 pm »
Life is filled with choices and Tom Brands made a decision he'll have to live with forever.  Accepting money from Dupont well after the murder was wrong.  He justified it in his own mind but I wouldn't want to be him.

Whats all this about buck??

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:35 pm »
And now you know the rest of the story...
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.