Author Topic: FILA Remembers John du Pont  (Read 7639 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: FILA Remembers John du Pont
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 10:42:22 pm »
FILA obviously doesn't know who they are talking about.  I can't believe that they would acknowledge a murderer in such a way.

mspart

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »
FILA obviously doesn't know who they are talking about.  I can't believe that they would acknowledge a murderer in such a way.

They knew John quite well.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:56 pm »
Which makes it that much more eggregious. 

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 10:21:57 pm »
Brands ought to give the amount he accepted from Foxcatcher (after the murder) and contribute that amount to the US Olympic wrestling team for training.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 07:42:23 pm »
Brands ought to give the amount he accepted from Foxcatcher (after the murder) and contribute that amount to the US Olympic wrestling team for training.

Do you know that he doesn't give that much and or more?  Certainly not something to be proud of but he can't really go back and change it at this point.  But it gives Buck and others reason to spew hate rather than move on with their own lives. 

Should all the people who bought books on say, the OJ trial, be held in contempt for supporting financially the people who helped free a murderer?  Wouldn't it be worse if Brands and the others had someone been financing DuPont rather than taking money that was sitting in an account? 

If I could somehow make money off Charlie Manson, I would and don't think I'd hesitate on it. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 04:00:11 pm »

Do you know that he doesn't give that much and or more?  Certainly not something to be proud of but he can't really go back and change it at this point.  But it gives Buck and others reason to spew hate rather than move on with their own lives. 

Should all the people who bought books on say, the OJ trial, be held in contempt for supporting financially the people who helped free a murderer?  Wouldn't it be worse if Brands and the others had someone been financing DuPont rather than taking money that was sitting in an account? 

If I could somehow make money off Charlie Manson, I would and don't think I'd hesitate on it.

I dont think the comparisons are apt myself.

If Brands does make contributions to Olympic team I applaud him.

You're right he cant change history much like Gable cant take back his actions in the LeeRoy Smith v Randy Lewis affair, but they could both show some contrition.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:02:21 pm by ViseGrip »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell