Author Topic: Fantasy 2012 talk (#1 PICK)  (Read 5758 times)

crablegs

Fantasy 2012 talk (#1 PICK)
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »
Maybe I am very early on this, but I think a combination of fantasy football and seeing some wrestling schedules coming out had me thinking about fantasy wrestling. 

So who do you all think the #1 pick should be this year? 

Lots of returning guys that can score some big points.  McD, Oliver, Taylor, Dake, Q, Ruth.

For me it would have to be McD.  He has been a bonus point machine throughout his career, even through a tough big 10 schedule.  With the loss last year in the finals, I see McD kicking it into a new gear.  Don't know who at 125 can even keep it to a regular decision against him.   

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
Re: Fantasy 2012 talk (#1 PICK)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »
Hmm good question...

I like Tayler from a fantasy perspective. McD I agree with your reasoning as well.

A youngster to keep an eye on is little Ness (Another pinner)
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

crablegs

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »
I like your call on Ness V.  I think he will be a good one to take in the later rounds this year, but may prove to be a top choice in a year or two.  Where is he projected 149?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
If I'm allowed to keep a wrestler from last seasons team I will without a doubt go with McD.  My second pick would be Oliver.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:24 AM »
We will have the keeper option available for the draft. I am looking at a way to make it fair to everyone.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »
Seems like the Keeper rule will be tough with the two leagues from last year.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
You're right, Cicero. That would be almost impossible. That being said, I think we will suspend the keeper rule this season and we can bring it back next season.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
You have to also look at how many matches the guys will get.

McD is a great prospect for a few reasons: Should be relatively unchallenged, and is a pinner.  His schedule is lacking in matches and this sets him back

JO is a good option:  Bonuses at a really high rate, but the thing that makes him less desirable is his poor schedule.  Okey St. doesn't wrestle much and the competition he wrestles is tough, not many cupcakes.

DT in my opinion is the best overall prospect.  Great combination of bonus points and lots of scored matches.  Nittany Lion Open, Scuffle and a lot of duals will probably make him the highest scorer in fantasy barring injury.

In my opinion all three of these guys are equal favorites to win titles in their weights and will all 3 be hodge candidates.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:38:48 AM »
I keep seeing that JO is going to have a tough schedule this  year.  Who? From your AA picks on the TWT he will wrestle Ramos (likely twice in season), Thorn and maybe Surber.  Maybe Steiber if he is actually wrestling which there seems to be some question about.  Then whoever he has at nationals.  Do you really think he won't punk all of these guys at least as badly as McD does his slate?  This was a concern last year as well since the only top 10 guys he wrestled all year were Hoch and Carter.  In the end it didn't matter much obviously. 
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
JO DOMINATED as a soph. I guarantee he's my #1..... if he's still at 133.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 11:05:39 PM »
70% of the time, I'm taking Mcd 100% of the time

Drooke

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
With the merging of our two leagues we don't get to "save" a fellla from our roster last year.  I was going to save Kilgore if he wasn't taking a RS....mad bonus!

Drooke

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 11:10:31 PM »
The thing that bums me out about Dake is how long he gets acclimated to the season and how he tends to sit out from time to time.....really low on scoring.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:12:26 PM by Drooke »

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
IMO Cam Simaz is the most under recognized wrestler in America.He WILL outscore anyone for total fantasy points .
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

crablegs

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 08:22:18 AM »
McD is still my number 1.  Oliver however is a very close second.  Really you can't go wrong with either one.   

Taylor is also a good choice.  Are Howe and Caldwell redshirting?  If they are, I think Taylor can be as dominant at 165 as the other two at their weights.