Author Topic: 2012 Fanasy league  (Read 6826 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
2012 Fanasy league
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
It's about that time again. This year the plan is to run only one fantasy league with 15 teams. The list below is the guys that have been contacted about participating in the league this season. The choices were made by looking at past participants that were able to stay up with the league all season, for the most part. I know that there are some that were in one of the two leagues least season that were interested in being in again. At this time, I do not see us running two leagues again. Running two leagues is a ton of work, and last year we ended with what could have been one league due to all the guys dropping out. Sorry if you are disappointed. Maybe next season we will go back to 2 leagues, if there are another 15 guys that are committed to staying with it.

Dimaria - Confirmed
Brycemus - Confirmed
Nywrestler4life - Confirmed
Visegrip - Confirmed
ACguns - Confirmed
Okiespladle - Confirmed
Crablegs - Confirmed
Drooke - Confirmed
Yak Rider - Confirmed
Viratas - Confirmed
Cicero - Confirmed
Herbp -  Confirmed
Akin - Confirmed
Tehgratest - Confirmed
BryanB - Confirmed

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:08:55 PM by AKIN »
If you want respect, be respectful.

Drooke

Re: 2012 Fanasy league
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
I just want to say that it is a going to be a pleasure to To crush my enemies -- See them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:50:54 PM by Drooke »

Drooke

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »
When is the tentative start date for the draft?  Lots of active legal dates to iron out...

We need to post the rules so that we may vote on potential rule changes....just sayin'....I'm not sure how I feel about scoring every single match.....need to noodle on it.

crablegs

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »
When is the tentative start date for the draft?  Lots of active legal dates to iron out...

We need to post the rules so that we may vote on potential rule changes....just sayin'....I'm not sure how I feel about scoring every single match.....need to noodle on it.

Why should people who don't pay attention to scheduling be rewarded is my only question?  When people learn to draft worse wrestlers with cake schedules the league turns into something completely different. 

Does being a champ give me any more weight? 

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »
Any more weight in what? How rule changes are voted on? No.

I am thinking the draft will start either the week of Oct 17th or 24th. Whichever one works best for everyone.

Offline Gage

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:15:59 PM »
im in dude
One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 12:31:56 AM »
Gage, at this point you are not in the league. You are on the stand by list, along with a number of others. But right now if Lost and Tehgratest confirm that they want to play, then the league is full. Sorry, but I could not accomodate everyone in a single league, so there were some guys that got left out. Maybe we will run 2 seperate leagues, but this year, 1 is all we will run.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:50 AM »
The league is now set with all 15 guys confirmed. If you are on the list this year, sorry. We could not accomodate everyone with just one league. IF we get enough guys to have two quality leagues next season we might re-visit that option.

Offline irishawk5

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:04:13 AM »
I would just like to throw my hat in the ring for the Stand-By List/or hopefully 2nd League.  If we can get enough people to start a separate league that would be amazing.  We've still got a decent amount of time before the draft would start to recruit participants.  Plus we could pencil in all the others guys already on the Stand-By list for the 2nd League. 

Akin-Do you have a rough number as to how many possible entries we may have for a 2nd League at the moment??

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 08:25:46 AM »
If TWT doesn't get back up and running I may be interested as well.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
Right now, I don't know that I would be abel to deal with a 2nd league. I am starting a new job next weekl and I don't know how my time is going to be. Also, you would really need 15 dedicated guys to make the league work. If TWT is not up and running, I guess there would probably be some of the guys from there that would want in. So basically I am saying that right now, I don't know. If there are 15 guys that want in, I may be able to run a 2nd league, but I won't know the answer to that for about 2 weeks. I am not absolutely out on the idea, I just need to figure it out.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
It seems like they have a few league commissioners over there.  I'm sure the same could work here as well.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Drooke

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »
That is a good point Cicero. I know if something happened to TOM it would be great if another board gave us a home so we could still play.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
Well if they want to contact me, we could talk about it.