Author Topic: OVERWEIGHT DANIEL CORMIER STILL UNDEFEATED.........  (Read 2996 times)

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
OVERWEIGHT DANIEL CORMIER STILL UNDEFEATED.........
« on: September 04, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »
He's 8-0 in MMA.   I remember when he was an 184 pounder in college.  Now at 240lbs, he looks terrible and no where near a world class athlete like he once was.   How in the blazes can he not make 205??  At 240, he is completely blubber.   Sadly, even 40lbs overweight, he can still probably beat up most MMA heavyweights.
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: OVERWEIGHT DANIEL CORMIER STILL UNDEFEATED.........
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »
if you hear interviews with him you'll know why. having your kidneys shut down cutting weight changes things in a guys life.

says he will if his coaches tell him it's time to and the money is right. I say good for him and actually think he might be able to beat Bigfoot in the tournament
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:48 AM »
if you hear interviews with him you'll know why. having your kidneys shut down cutting weight changes things in a guys life.

says he will if his coaches tell him it's time to and the money is right. I say good for him and actually think he might be able to beat Bigfoot in the tournament

I agree with this statement.  Plus, I think he will win the tournament...

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
I don't think he's ready for Barnett yet but I think we're going to get to see it
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:00:32 AM »
I guess my point is he is obese at 240lbs - has love handles and a gut.  I'm not saying he has to make weight against Jose Aldo, but how in the world is 205 a tough cut for him?  His natural weight should be around 210 - 215. 

I guess if he can be overweight and still make it work, more power to him.  We all loved our beloved George Foreman when, even with a gut, could still knock everyone out.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »
Fedor could also easily make 205 but always fights at heavy without cutting.  Until recently, that was pretty successful for him.

Also, I think Kharitonov takes out Barnett, then wins the whole thing.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
I've heard that Dana White says Josh Barnett will NEVER be allowed to come to the UFC because he's arrogant.  Isn't Strikeforce essentially the UFC since Zuffa owns them, too??  Im confused with all these leagues.  WEC is now UFC...and now Strikeforce is UFC, also - except they have kept the name still being strikeforce.

StephanVonVesthell

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »
The WEC does not exist.  Strikeforce will also not exist soon.  Soon it will only be The UFC and Bellator as the two top drawing American promotions.

Offline Gopherfan0133

• Regional Champ
  • anyone hate Nebraska as much as I do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
after that brutal KO of Bigfoot, I think Cormier belongs at heavyweight and really has no reason to drop down to an even more loaded weight class
have a nice day

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
All signs are pointing to a broken right hand for DC.  Sucks, as Coker and everyone else is saying they want the GP done early 2012 so look for a replacement to face Barnett. 

Offline Gopherfan0133

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »
so that'll be Griggs, might as well hand Barnett the GP title, unless he pisses hot again...
have a nice day

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »
I would have Griggs as a third option. Why wouldn't they give Werdum or Bigfoot a shot instead. I recall Jochym Hansen getting a shot at Aoki in the finals of a Dream  tournament when Alvarez could not continue due to a cut. Hansen lost to Alvarez in the semifinals.

I like Del Rosario a lot. he was in a car accident close to 6 mos ago. Not sure if he is healed up from it. I would put him ahead of Griggs. Afterall, he was supposed to fight Cormier at the last hwt GP, but the accidetn took him out.
When all else fails, do the opposite...

Offline Gopherfan0133

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
I think they held preliminary fights during the first round of the Grand Prix to determine who the replacements were gonna be in case they were needed.  Cormier won his bout and Griggs won the other.  Unless I'm way off base I'm almost certain that Griggs is tabbed as the guy. 
have a nice day

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »
You are correct. Del Rosario had a higher stock value than Griggs with the promotion. You may be right since he did beat Oveream in an alternate battle. I just feel strong that Del Rosario would jump ahead of him regardless, assuming he was healthy.
When all else fails, do the opposite...

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »
I think Del Rosario's victory over Lavar Johnson may have also been considered an "alternate" fight.  It was the last fight before Kharitonov/Arlovski and Silva/Fedor on that first round card ... right after Griggs' fight.
There's always Bulgaria.