Author Topic: Overeem close to signing with UFC and make debut at UFC 140  (Read 3753 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Overeem close to signing with UFC and make debut at UFC 140
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »
MMAjunkie MMAjunkie.com MMA
UFC 141 odds: Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem open dead even at -115 bit.ly/nVVOaK
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Gopherfan0133

• Regional Champ
  • anyone hate Nebraska as much as I do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »
Werdum attempting to pull guard and looking for a sub for 15 minutes is far from a Lesnar power double to ground and pound
have a nice day

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Werdum attempting to pull guard and looking for a sub for 15 minutes is far from a Lesnar power double to ground and pound

Joe Rogan's got nothing on you sir.   :D
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Gopherfan0133

• Regional Champ
  • anyone hate Nebraska as much as I do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
thank you fuhr, its a very intriguing matchup, obviously Brock's kryptonite is technical strikers, and Overeem's TDD is largely an unknown as he's never taken on a powerhouse wrestler like Brock.  If Brock tries to strike with him (which I highly doubt he will) its gonna end up being pretty ugly.  Likewise, if Overeem cannot avoid the takedown and cannot get back to his feet, its gonna be a long 15 or 25 minutes for the "demolition man".
have a nice day

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 02:24:14 PM »
how many rounds will this fight be?

Still think Brock should have a tune up before being tossed in the deep end...again. 

One thing you got to say about him is that he was never given an easy route.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »
how many rounds will this fight be?

Still think Brock should have a tune up before being tossed in the deep end...again. 

One thing you got to say about him is that he was never given an easy route.

The point I heard against a warm up for him is that Brock sells and they simply don't know how long they'll have him in the cage.  He doesn't want to warm up and the UFC wants to use his name while they have him.  I heard recently that Anderson SIlva is rumored to get $2 per PPV buy.  Assuming Brock gets at least this as well, you'd have to imagine he'd rather have a big name fight than a warm up. 

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »
If this fight is the main event, it will be five rounds.  UFC announced a little while back that all main events, title fight or not, will be five rounds.
There's always Bulgaria.