Author Topic: Ben Askren Undefeated in MMA??? Something's fishy here.......  (Read 5069 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Askren Undefeated in MMA??? Something's fishy here.......
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
Thank you SVV.

Let's discuss this reasonably though ... I can see why Elite XC would fix Kimbo's fights.  The guy had a huge internet following and was a big draw.  But, why would an organization fix fights for a "boring" wrestler that only people like us know about?

And what would it gain? 

Where did the money come from to do it?

How does it stay quiet?

If they were going to fix a fight don't you think they'd have protected guys like Roger Huerta who they had a deeply vested interest in?

Claiming fixed fights is such a odd thing.  Not that they can't or don't happen but just like in Japan it was pretty well known that it happened.  No one can keep secrets, especially in MMA.  You could find out right now if you wanted to, who the finalists are for the next TUF season already.

You want to discuss what Askren would do vs. specific people in the UFC I'm all for it.  To claim he only has wins because his fights were fixed is going to make me assume you can't be serious.     
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 01:41:03 PM »
Definitely a "lighten up, Francis" moment.

Call me Francis .. and I'll kill ya.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »
Ok, Francis.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.