Author Topic: Rule changes?  (Read 7969 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Rule changes?
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
We totally need to score the keystone classic this season.... check out the thread...  http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,15886.0.html

I remember this conversation, and I will add this tournament. We still need a consensus as to whether we score every match wrestled for the whole season, as well.

I prefer all matches scored.

But I feel stronger about giving the Big XII champs and runners up SOME bonus... not as much as the BeeOneGee but something.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »
Bonus Issue: Though it does devalue wrestlers from the Big 12 I think the proposed 3 tiered system is best.  Every year you have to figure out how to make the post-season while also having guys who will score when they get there.  Its part of the challenge.  If we just wanted the best guys to always get the most points we may as well just score the NCAAs and that would be less fun.  I absolutely disagree with waiting until conference tournament time to determine the bonus.  We need to know the point sturcture during the draft to make informed choices.

Supplemental issue:  Pick up another guy without dropping for sure.  This is an easy choice to increase the fun.

Score all matches: I'd rather not, but its fine with me if we do.  Talk about trying to walk a line between having guys who score during the season and guys who will score in the play-offs. This would be all kinds of tough, but I'm not sure it would be fun.  I'll vote against it.

Offline BryanB

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
Bonus Issue: I vote no Change

Supplemental issue:  I vote to pick up one without dropping 

Score all matches: I'm torn on this one.  There're pros and cons with each.  I'll keep reading posts and see if someone can sway me to one side or the other.

Akin,

Should we put a sticky with a formal vote option and deadline?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
Excellent idea, Bryan. Thank you.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Drooke

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
We totally need to score the keystone classic this season.... check out the thread...  http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,15886.0.html

I remember this conversation, and I will add this tournament. We still need a consensus as to whether we score every match wrestled for the whole season, as well.

Excellent! Nice idea Bryan...nice follow-up Akin.  It is good to see the discussion concerning this up-coming season....I can't wait!

Drooke

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2011, 01:10:56 AM »
Other events to consider....  The Mat Town invitational....the Buffalo Open and the Harold Nichols Open

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »
Got a list of teams scheduled to compete at those?

Drooke

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Will need some feedback on these.

Drooke

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
That is what I figured .....but we have a bit of time....just thought I would throw it out there...

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »
 I'd be all in for adding the Buffalo Open .buffalo has several studs and their tournament should be quality .
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann