Author Topic: RIP Earl Thomas Conley  (Read 139 times)

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
RIP Earl Thomas Conley
« on: April 10, 2019, 11:01:09 PM »
He made a lot of good music, including 18 #1 songs on the Billboard country charts.

I uploaded to YouTube some of his songs that I recorded on my Beta VCR from Austin City Limits in 1983, YouTube emails me when someone adds a comment to one of my uploads, and the emails have been coming in all day. (But no new comments on my own performances on my homemade electronic ukulele.)
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Earl Thomas Conley
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:16:43 PM »
We need pictures of your special ukelele!!

Art

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 10:20:30 AM »
That's pretty cool.  Is this your design?   Sounds more like a synth or organ or accordian than a ukulele, in my opinion. 

But just the same, that's pretty cool!

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
It's my design. Why is it like a ukulele? It plays four notes together, tuned like the four strings of a uke. The fret contacts match the uke's frets so the chord positions are the same. The notes can be played separately or all together.

Why is it not like a uke? It doesn't look like one. I can change the pitch over a 3-octive range. I can change the tone of the notes. I can add vibrato with adjustable depth and speed. I can change the decay time of the notes. I can shift the pitch down a half-step by touching a contact. I can have it sound a perfect A (440 HZ) to use in tuning the other instruments. It needs to have its batteries recharged every so often. It needs to have an external speaker plugged in (the little built-in speaker is OK for practicing, not for performing).

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 10:23:21 AM »
It's my design. Why is it like a ukulele? It plays four notes together, tuned like the four strings of a uke. The fret contacts match the uke's frets so the chord positions are the same. The notes can be played separately or all together.

Why is it not like a uke? It doesn't look like one. I can change the pitch over a 3-octive range. I can change the tone of the notes. I can add vibrato with adjustable depth and speed. I can change the decay time of the notes. I can shift the pitch down a half-step by touching a contact. I can have it sound a perfect A (440 HZ) to use in tuning the other instruments. It needs to have its batteries recharged every so often. It needs to have an external speaker plugged in (the little built-in speaker is OK for practicing, not for performing).

Like I said, it's pretty cool.  Nice job!

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 04:25:47 AM »
Thanks.