Author Topic: Rush died  (Read 1241 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Rush died
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »
If it comes back as all cool, then I'm ok with that.  But if it comes back that there were serious enough problems that need to be corrected, then it is my hope that state legislatures and governors will take the steps necessary to fix them so that the integrity of the election system is not questioned. 

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2021, 07:45:31 PM »
There are no steps that will prevent the integrity of the election system from being questioned in the future. That's politics. No legislature or governor can stop a clearly defeated candidate from claiming that the election was stolen.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2021, 09:01:48 PM »
There are no steps that will prevent the integrity of the election system from being questioned in the future. That's politics. No legislature or governor can stop a clearly defeated candidate from claiming that the election was stolen.
There are lots of steps that can stamp out much corruption in the future.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2021, 11:47:29 PM »
One of the things that had me nervous a couple of decades ago was the push to go to online voting.  I doubt that there is a system that couldn't be hacked. 

Florida, in general, seems to have gotten its act together after the Bush/Gore fiasco (although that had a lot to do with teams of lawyers looking for things to challenge).  A paper ballot is kept in case there is a need for hand counting the ballots.  The ballots are filled in with ink and scanne.  There are no punch cards, so there are no more chads, hanging or otherwise.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2021, 01:40:26 AM »

Perhaps so, but mspart wants steps that will prevent politicians from questioning the integrity of the election system. Fat chance of that happening.

Many Republicans seem most eager for steps that would make voting harder for groups that usually favor Democrats. I assume the Democrats would like to do the same in reverse, but they're not the ones currently pushing for new laws.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2021, 07:03:15 AM »

Many Republicans seem most eager for steps that would make voting harder for groups that usually favor Democrats. I assume the Democrats would like to do the same in reverse, but they're not the ones currently pushing for new laws.

How so ?  The Georgia law makes it easier for all to vote.

Is it because that is democrat line of resistance?  Something different automatically makes it harder?  Why are many liberals now agreeing the Georgia law is an improvement and makes it easier to vote than in many liberal dominant states?

"steps that would make voting harder for groups that usually favor Democrats"

It's an easy statement to make to promote resistance among the masses, but like many liberal assertions, it is not based on facts.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2021, 07:55:59 AM »

Perhaps so, but mspart wants steps that will prevent politicians from questioning the integrity of the election system. Fat chance of that happening.

No idea what you are talking about unless you think many Democrats are too stupid to find their ID (they all have one, welfare, air flight, liquor purchase, banking all require one)
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »
"Many Republicans seem most eager for steps that would make voting harder for groups that usually favor Democrats."

Like the dead, illegal immigrants and people who vote more than once, especially in multiple states?   ;)  The Dems also push hard for voting rights for convicted felons (even those still in prison), which leads one to believe those folks would be more likely to vote for Dems.

"I assume the Democrats would like to do the same in reverse, but they're not the ones currently pushing for new laws."

They have in the past, especially at the state level.  They passed motor voter laws, then pushed for driver's licenses for illegal aliens.  The current push is for a national law that would override the state laws they don't like, even though the Constitution leaves voting laws to the authority of the states.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2021, 03:35:22 PM »

There is much wrong with this statement. 

1.  mspart does not want steps that would prevent politicians from questioning the integrity of the election system.  I don't know where you came up with this.  The only way I can think you could possibly come up with your ridiculous statement is that I want a system with such integrity it would be foolish to question it because it is so apparent.  We thought we had that.  But we haven't for a long time.  The WA gov Christine Gregoire won the vote after 3 recounts and ballots found in a car trunk were counted and then she won.  MN Senate race took multiple recounts until enough votes were found to elect Franken. 

2.  Most Republicans want clean and fair elections.  Period.  And that is what the GA law does mostly.  It doesn't prohibit people getting water while waiting to  vote.  It does not prohibit election workers from distributing water or snacks for those waiting in long lines.  It does prohibit politicized groups from doing so.  As it should be.  If you believe that people in line can't get water due to this law, you are sadly misinformed by Biden and the media. https://neonnettle.com/news/14748-biden-admin-defends-georgia-voting-claims-despite-being-debunked-by-the-left

3.  What Bob said about your third point.  The D's have done yeomans work to get all of those things he lists as legitimate votes.  That is a matter of record.   As one example, asking for ID to vote is about at the level of felonious and racist behavior if a Dem was asked about it.  But needing ID to get into the Capitol building, on an airplane, SS building, etc is not felonious nor racist.  Who is running the government right now?  The Dems.  So these are Dem policies that are racist if it is racist to require ID to vote.

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
Most Republicans want clean and fair elections.

I'd be interested in hearing about how you learned this.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
Because they are the party of the right.  It only makes sense.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2021, 12:21:43 PM »

I assume the Democrats would like to do the same in reverse, but they're not the ones currently pushing for new laws.

Quite the opposite, the We the People Act, HR 1 and S 1, the first Acts proposed by Democrats in this current 21-22 Congress, includes myriad of changes to voting laws, particularly vacating states rights over voting in federal elections.

In particular, it would automatically register anyone that processed anything through motor vehicle agencies, including the potential for registering illegal visitors in states that allow them to obtain a drivers license and anyone that registers with a college or university (illegals visitors are allowed to enroll in US universities often at a discounted tuition rate.)  San Fransisco allows illegals to register and vote in school elections....how easy would it be for those registrations to slip onto federal election registrations.  It legitimizes vote harvesting.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »

I assume the Democrats would like to do the same in reverse, but they're not the ones currently pushing for new laws.

Quite the opposite, the We the People Act, HR 1 and S 1, the first Acts proposed by Democrats in this current 21-22 Congress, includes myriad of changes to voting laws, particularly vacating states rights over voting in federal elections.

In particular, it would automatically register anyone that processed anything through motor vehicle agencies, including the potential for registering illegal visitors in states that allow them to obtain a drivers license and anyone that registers with a college or university (illegals visitors are allowed to enroll in US universities often at a discounted tuition rate.)  San Fransisco allows illegals to register and vote in school elections....how easy would it be for those registrations to slip onto federal election registrations.  It legitimizes vote harvesting.

That last one is a kicker.  You give your ballot to someone you don't know with the assurance it will get turned in.  Not a good idea in any realm of thought.

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2021, 06:10:11 PM »
Most Republicans want clean and fair elections.
I'd be interested in hearing about how you learned this.

Because they are the party of the right.  It only makes sense.

Thanks. That agrees with what I figured it took to convince you.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »
 :D

mspart