Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 3749377 times)

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #84270 on: July 27, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »
Gooooooooooooood morning n95 and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a contractor that drove by and saw me working. He knocked on the door and asked what I was doing and had left. He had a project that got put on hold and was looking for something to fill the gap. Looked everything over, shot me a fair price for labor, shook hands and his guys will start Monday. Ive seen his work and he does a great job. And I don’t have to get tendonitis. Pretty happy about it.

Have a sensational day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #84271 on: July 27, 2019, 03:08:50 PM »
Gooooooooooooood morning n95 and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a contractor that drove by and saw me working. He knocked on the door and asked what I was doing and had left. He had a project that got put on hold and was looking for something to fill the gap. Looked everything over, shot me a fair price for labor, shook hands and his guys will start Monday. Ive seen his work and he does a great job. And I don’t have to get tendonitis. Pretty happy about it.

Have a sensational day word!

Mudding the joints too?  Then that's a blessing.  I don't mind hanging, even put 12' footers on the ceiling alone with a T bar rig I built. But, when it comes to the seams, I rue the day I have to start.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84272 on: July 27, 2019, 04:23:20 PM »
I can sympathize with RYou. I have a hard time forcing myself to get started if I need to do some repair work on my Ailtech-Eaton 382M synthesized signal generator, which is sitting on a bench at the bottom of a stack of test equipment including an HP 3325A synthesizer/function generator, a Wavetek 5128A frequency synthesizer, a Racal-Dana 1995 universal systems counter, a Systron Donner 114A high power pulse generator, a Power Designs 1520 high voltage calibrated DC power source, and an HP 5370B universal time interval counter--some of which are really heavy and all of which have to be disconnected before I can pull them off the stack.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84273 on: July 27, 2019, 08:15:41 PM »
And who are you chatting with, the Queen of Venus?

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84274 on: July 27, 2019, 10:47:46 PM »
Huh? I didn't mention any of my radio equipment, if that's what you were asking about.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84275 on: July 28, 2019, 06:36:49 AM »
Signaling equipment - figured you were bouncing messages trying to make contact with the aliens.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84276 on: July 28, 2019, 08:10:42 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finishing tearing out, insulating, hanging, mud, and paint. Everything! I am just hauling furniture to storage to clear everything out.

Have a splendid day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84277 on: July 28, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Signaling equipment - figured you were bouncing messages trying to make contact with the aliens.

No, I only listed items in a stack of test equipment. When I'm ready to try contacting the aliens, I'll have to use some radio equipment, of which I have various kinds but haven't described. The most expensive unit I have with a transmitting capability is the new transponder I recently had to have installed in my airplane. It gives me the ADS-B Out capability without which I would be restricted in the places where I can fly after the government's 1 Jan 2020 deadline for ADS-B Out equipage. But it's useless for contacting aliens. (If you're interested, google ads-b out deadline.)

The cheapest transmitter I have gives me a 433 MHz microwave datalink from a WWVB 60 KHz receiver I built to a retimer/repeater unit in my workshop (my former garage). You can get a 433 MHz transmitter/receiver pair on eBay for $4.87 (free shipping), but it won't do a thing for helping you talk to the aliens.

The only thing I've got for contacting aliens is a Sideband Engineers SB-34 60-watt SSB transceiver. And it will only have a chance of working if the aliens are nearby, say in near-earth orbit.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84278 on: July 29, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »
Bah, jury duty today....just idling around the jury room, personal computers no allowed.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84279 on: July 29, 2019, 10:55:31 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No jury duty. 9 hour drive. Taking the wife so make that 11.

Have a magnificent day word!

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84280 on: July 29, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »
ac, does your wife make you drive at the speed limit? Or does she just make you stop more often?

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84281 on: July 30, 2019, 07:08:25 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Multiple stops, every bathroom, convenience store, anything that peaks her interest. She definitely makes it more interesting than just getting from point A to B.

Have a tremendous day word!

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84282 on: July 30, 2019, 08:04:09 AM »
Not called, back to the waiting room.  Got to be a better way than having 125 people sitting around waiting for a judge.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84283 on: July 30, 2019, 01:59:48 PM »
You don't like it, go to another county word.   ;D

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84284 on: July 31, 2019, 07:12:12 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Record low yesterday of 37 degrees. 45 this morning.

Have a wonderful day word!