Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4234113 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85110 on: March 19, 2020, 03:03:18 PM »
Did a conference outside. kept looking around for the bug floating in the air.  Didn't see any.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85111 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »
That's just the thing.  Like they are tiny man, difficult to see word

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85112 on: March 20, 2020, 07:29:25 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have not seen any bugs here either. But it has been raining, they are probably seeking shelter. Got another email advisory from the office reminding us to practice social distancing in the field and wash our hands for 20 seconds. Glad they sent it because I had completely forgot to wash them.

IT IS FRIDAY!

Have a fantastic day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85113 on: March 20, 2020, 09:30:57 PM »
My son lost his job yesterday for a month.  He teaches and works with autistic children.  He was pretty gloomy about the situation the world is in, if the economy would ever recover, global warming (Australia is/was on fire) etc etc.  He is not a happy camper right now.  My other son who is an uber salesman, thinks this is a great time, lots of opportunity.  Interesting how there are different perspectives in people word.

mspart

Should be cutting deals with supermarkets for grocery deliveries... The wait list for delivery is 7 days, curbside pickup - 5 days.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85114 on: March 21, 2020, 12:12:16 PM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 kids out of work right now. One is back home and another coming home and bringing his girlfriend. Apparently this is the quarantine house. My wife is sewing masks. She put it on facebook and has had requests from the hospital, first responders, police department and a lot of individuals. She is donating all of them. So far she has requests for 3300 of them. I guess she will be busy.

Have a splendid day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85115 on: March 21, 2020, 01:08:51 PM »
Wow, quite an impact.  Incredible idea from you wife.

How is she making the masks ?

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85116 on: March 21, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »
She got a pattern from the CDC to make them with. Using some all cotton fabric that she had and 1/4” elastic and sewing them up. She ran out of elastic and people have been dropping off any that they had. One woman said she ordered a spool of it and is having it shipped here. She also got some of the ladies from church to see some and some of her friends here. I think 10 of them altogether.
In the meantime, I am making chili dogs to keep the troops nourished. War word.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85117 on: March 21, 2020, 11:33:52 PM »
Pretty good.  Never expected the CDC to give directions.  Shoot, the word should get spread, could solve the mask problem in a week.  They are only used to contain bioaersols of the user, not to protect the user.

Downside, over here fabrics stores are closed.  -- not essential goods

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85118 on: March 22, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The word is getting out in her network. She has had a few of her sewing friends contact her about getting started doing it in other towns and states. Fabric stores here have not closed yet. She used to make quilts and now makes children's clothing and accessories as a hobby/home business. She has enough fabric in closets and shelves here to supply a fabric store. She ran low on elastic but several people gathered what they could and dropped it off here. As of last night, her and the others had just shy of 600 done.
Her friend who is a doctor at the hospital told her that these masks are acceptable for use when their supplies are depleted. They are washable and will be greatly appreciated.
My wife is half Mexican so it is like I have a little sweat shop going.

Have a great day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85119 on: March 22, 2020, 09:55:46 AM »
Great lady (s)  Family should be proud of her stepping up.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85120 on: March 22, 2020, 08:07:40 PM »
My son lost his job yesterday for a month.  He teaches and works with autistic children.  He was pretty gloomy about the situation the world is in, if the economy would ever recover, global warming (Australia is/was on fire) etc etc.  He is not a happy camper right now.  My other son who is an uber salesman, thinks this is a great time, lots of opportunity.  Interesting how there are different perspectives in people word.

mspart

Should be cutting deals with supermarkets for grocery deliveries... The wait list for delivery is 7 days, curbside pickup - 5 days.

We've told him but he is just so bummed out.  I'd be doing it if I didn't have my job for sure.  Gots bills to pay.  Him, not so much. 

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85121 on: March 23, 2020, 07:31:11 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Governor now ordered all hair salons, barbers, nail salons and related businesses closed. Daughter is out of work now. No shelter in place yet. I enjoy reading people's comments from those that think it isn't a big deal to those who think the end is near. Many different perspectives.

Have a marvelous day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85122 on: March 23, 2020, 08:54:46 AM »
Both daughter-in-laws teach and are out.  One son is an attorney for Army Corp of Engineers, worked all weekend at home on construction contracts for temporary hospitals.  He's been told to plan for 6 six weeks out before thinking about coming in. Back in January he was promoted and relocated from downtown NYC to Brooklyn....avoiding the bombshell that hit downtown Manhattan

Next step is to close all none essential business.  Here's a list of NJ "essential" business that can remain open, Anything that sells any king of food is open.  separate hours for seniors, usually the first hour they are open.  All groceries are open and also do delivery and most curb side pick up, but they can only handle so many orders which means you may not be able to get the order for 5-6 days unless you walk in.

ESSENTIAL RETAIL BUSINESSES THAT CAN STAY OPEN

Grocery stores  (allows, WalMart and Target to remain open since they sell food and since they csn be open they can sell anything on the floor)
    Farmers markets and farms that sell directly to customers
    Other food stores, including retailers that offer a varied assortment of foods comparable to what exists at a grocery store
    Pharmacies
    Medical marijuana dispensaries
    Medical supply stores
    Gas stations
    Convenience stores
    Ancillary stores within healthcare facilities
    Hardware and home improvement stores  (HD, Lowes, etc.)
    Banks and other financial institutions
    Laundromats and dry-cleaning services
    Stores that principally sell supplies for children under five years
    Pet stores
    Liquor stores
    Car dealerships, but only for auto maintenance and repair, and auto mechanics
    Printing and office supply shops
    Mail and delivery stores
    Restaurants, though only takeout and delivery.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85123 on: March 24, 2020, 06:45:58 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another day, not shut down yet. Grocery stores reduced hours with separate hours for seniors. Few businesses have chosen to close on their own. Most still going. Been told we are "essential" in case of a shutdown so life goes on.

Have a terrific day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85124 on: March 24, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
took a drive, no one on the road except the truckers....keep haulin' boys

Drove past 2 supermarkets.....empty ...your choice of the pickens......son in law's aunt picked up corona at a supermarket last week  she doing okay, cough and very tired