Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4064031 times)

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85155 on: April 04, 2020, 10:07:19 PM »
Dropped honey buns a gift.

She says thank you so much and God bless you! As of today they have shipped out just over 4100 masks and still going. Thank you!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #85156 on: April 05, 2020, 04:01:34 PM »
She's got a big heart.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85157 on: April 06, 2020, 07:04:01 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking her car in this morning to have some recall work done. Dealership must be trying to muster up work to keep their guys working.

Have a super day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85158 on: April 06, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »
Yup, dealer called on Friday, said I should be due for 35000 mile service.  I had to tell him I haven't been driving for a month, not quite there yet, 2000 miles away.  Then he asks about tires.  $200 off a set of 4 with free mounting, balancing, close to a $300 value. Costco can't even beat that one. He said I can drive the car into the bay and take it so they wont have to enter the car.  I've got about 10K left on them, but that's tough deal to walk away from.  I know the deal wont be there when I need them.  Thinking about that one.  $900+ buy for $599, taxes fees the whole enchilada included.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85159 on: April 07, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to take that deal. Dealership said they are splitting employees every other week to keep everyone going. Not sure if they get unemployment on the off weeks.

Governor ordered some more things closed. Parks and campgrounds basically. Sheltered in place without an actual shelter in place order.

Have a terrific day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85160 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:45 PM »
Called up and took the deal.  It goes in tomorrow. Weasel tried to sell me a brake job too.  Drive in, hang outside reading the paper, doing email, pay over the phone, drive out.

Dealerships tend to have low employee counts.  They may well be on the cusp for an SBA loan to cover payroll which will get 100% reimbursement at the end.

Since there probably isn't enough work to go around, they may be giving each an alternating paid week off.  Keeping the service bays open retains customers versus closing the door,  paying everyone anyway and the customer going elsewhere.  Dealer service relies solely on customer loyalty.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85161 on: April 07, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »
Come on over here and I'll do the brake job for you.  Since you are a Tommie, I'll do it for parts, pads only.   Not changing out calipers and will only change out a rotor if it just comes off with no messing around with the bearing.  Nice drive!!.  I'll have some root beer ready!

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85162 on: April 07, 2020, 09:09:16 PM »
Root beer will seal the deal. I'll have to find a way to ship some Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85163 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:12 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't need brakes but if root beer is involved, I could make the trip.

Have a wonderful day word!

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85164 on: April 08, 2020, 11:10:30 AM »
AC, please leave the drill at home word   ;D

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85165 on: April 08, 2020, 11:13:13 AM »
Aw geez, now I have to ship 2 cases of birch beer.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85166 on: April 09, 2020, 08:05:23 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidney stones kind of suck.

Have a great day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85167 on: April 09, 2020, 11:11:30 AM »
It think ...suck...may be an understatement.  Hopefully you wont need the sonic blaster.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85168 on: April 10, 2020, 07:02:41 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sonic blaster. One was too large and partially in a tube blocking something. These are not the actual medical terms but what I remember after the seek and recover mission. Got them out, had a stent put in for some reason. Overall not a pleasant experience. Hydrocodone is good but not near as good as the fentanyl they gave me first. That stuff took me straight to Disneyland.

Have a fantastic day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85169 on: April 10, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
Rather do the sonic blaster than the stent any day of the week..  I accustomed to getting punched in the side from boxing days.....no stents here.thank you