Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4389824 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85710 on: September 26, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
...and I thought getting snagged for painting duty was a grind.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85711 on: September 27, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House shopping was unsuccessful. Going to Kansas City today to but her a new sewing machine. Again yippee.

Have an awesome day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85712 on: September 27, 2020, 10:19:10 AM »
I had to replace the DC jack on my laptop.  It was a major ordeal as I had to remove just about everything including teh motherboard in order to access. 3 hours since I had to follow step by step video and then revere to reassemble.I flip it on and everything works except the w-ifi connection. I'm stuck in airplane mode and the switches for wi-fi don't work.

So I tear it down again think a bad connection to the wi-fi card. Re-assemble.  No wi-fi.  It doesn't have the external wi-fi switch.

I spend 2 hours searching the net and trying solutions.  A former Dell guy posts 15 items to check, change, reinstall.  Tried 14 with no luck

No 15 - depress the Windows and Print Screen keys simultaneously. 

BINGO, it worked.....well geez, why wasn't that not the No. 1 on the list ?

These tech guys are something else.  Assume its a difficult problem.  Give the most likely and easiest solution last.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85713 on: September 28, 2020, 08:25:03 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech guys-odd people with odd methods.

Have a marvelous day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85714 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:34 AM »
Turned the ringer off on my phone for the funeral and forgot to turn it back on.  Wasted 2 hours trying to find it......shelf in the garage.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85715 on: September 28, 2020, 11:46:04 AM »
Boy I hate when that happens word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85716 on: September 28, 2020, 02:22:09 PM »
I have a bad habit of placing it on the nearest flat surface and not paying attention to doing it.  Could be a shelf, could be the bumper of the car (lost 2 company phones that way.  Bits and pieces of one are probably still spread across I 70 in St. Louis).

I used as a flashlight at the daughter's house while installing a garbage disposal and left it under the cabinet.  My daughter found it when it rang from a robo call. Fortunately it still had batt life to ring.  Fortunately she was in the room when it rang.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85717 on: September 28, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »
Expensive habit word!!

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85718 on: September 28, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
Expensive habit word!!

mspart

The company has the last word on that...and they haven't said a word.  The first took a week to replace and an hour with IT programming it.  The 2nd took 4 days, but still an hour with the zit guys.  The last was overnighted to me, pre-loaded and all I had to do was create passwords at start up.

Ha....writing about it, this is my 4th company phone.  #1- is out on I 70.  #2 is out on I 287 in NJ.  #3 was on some neighborhood street, probably found by someone and kept, though IT shut it down the wireless service. If they tried 4 cracks at the password, it had a bomb programmed to permanently disfunction and become useless..Every time they tell me that,I recall Mission Impossible when the tape goes up in smoke.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85719 on: September 28, 2020, 04:27:18 PM »
I have personally had 4 phones, but they changed when I moved locations.  My penultimate phone was a flip phone that I was ok with.  It replaced the earlier flip phone that I was very happy with but unfortunately dropped on the stairs at work.  Solid concrete stairs.  Phone did not fair very well.  The new flip phone could not text like the older one and it was very limiting when texting with someone with an I-phone or other smart phone.  So I finally relented and switched it out for an I-phone.  It texts nicely.  I made a bid deal out of it and Ray got all over me for not being with the times and not wanting to be with the times.  Now I walk around like a zombie, much to his delight I'm sure word.

mspart 

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85720 on: September 28, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
Hah, the flip phone woke me up...before the first I phone I lost I had a Blackberry that I dropped in a puddle and sizzled on the spot.  That time they gave me a choice of another Blackberry or an I phone - the one I left on I 70 in St. Louis.I jumped on the I phone since you couldn't text with a Blackberry and I was the only one in the family out of the loop.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85721 on: September 28, 2020, 06:05:26 PM »
Text or die word!!   Ha ha. 

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85722 on: September 29, 2020, 05:44:56 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only phone I have broken/lost was a company flip phone. Company was changing providers attempting to save money. Service was terrible and one day got frustrated and threw it as far as I could which wasn't that far but it didn't survive. Sent the pieces in to the office and got a new one.

Have a terrific day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85723 on: September 29, 2020, 07:16:58 AM »
Going to be doused from thunderstorms today and tomorrow.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85724 on: September 29, 2020, 11:33:46 AM »
California smoke coming our way.  But I can see Rainier this morning so it is good for now word

mspart