Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 6201377 times)

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
Re: Last Word
« Reply #84300 on: August 04, 2019, 06:38:51 PM »
Most of the corn that is grown here is sweet corn for eating on the cob or canning.

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84301 on: August 04, 2019, 06:53:23 PM »
Last week I did harvest some field peas that will be used for livestock feed, as well as some canola (for oil).  There is some barley grown in the area as well.  That is also used for livestock feed. 

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #84302 on: August 04, 2019, 08:42:09 PM »
A week and a half into harvest already have 140 hours clocked.  Two more weeks to go.

If I may ask, what is being harvested word?

mspart

Soft white winter wheat.  I live in Central Oregon, there is almost no corn grown in the Pacific Northwest.  Most of the grain produced here is soft white wheat that gets shipped to Asia for noodles, crackers, cookies, and cakes.

How do you know the weather is screwed up in Oregon ?  when the farmers reap their winter wheat in the middle of summer.

Winter wheat was the last on my crop list.  I always thought that was spring harvest, but i guess the weather in the north delays the harvest until summer..  You learn something new everyday.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84303 on: August 05, 2019, 12:38:25 AM »
Which one goes with which town?
As a heads up, here in the Last Word thread, a back to back post, or double post as we call it, is forbidden.  Sorry we haven't been more clear.

Is this still a rule? Does anyone care?
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84304 on: August 05, 2019, 06:14:28 AM »
Snackem gets a bunny, he's tired.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84305 on: August 05, 2019, 07:07:04 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contractor has done more in a week than I could do in a month. Nice.

Have a magnificent day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84306 on: August 05, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
A week and a half into harvest already have 140 hours clocked.  Two more weeks to go.

mspart

Soft white winter wheat.  I live in Central Oregon, there is almost no corn grown in the Pacific Northwest.  Most of the grain produced here is soft white wheat that gets shipped to Asia for noodles, crackers, cookies, and cakes.

How do you know the weather is screwed up in Oregon ?  when the farmers reap their winter wheat in the middle of summer.

Winter wheat was the last on my crop list.  I always thought that was spring harvest, but i guess the weather in the north delays the harvest until summer..  You learn something new everyday.

It's called winter wheat because it's planted in the fall so it will grow over the winter.  It is usually cut before the spring wheat (which is planted in the spring), but they are both harvested within a couple of weeks of each other in the summer.

As a heads up, here in the Last Word thread, a back to back post, or double post as we call it, is forbidden.  Sorry we haven't been more clear.

The only other last word thread I have ever seen was completely different than what is going on here.  On the jet ski forum I used to frequent  it was a word association thread.  Someone would post a word, then the next poster would post the first word that came to mind having to do with the previous posters word.

Car > Drive > Sunday > Church > etc

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84307 on: August 05, 2019, 02:01:18 PM »
I guess we do things a little differently here word

mspart

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #84308 on: August 05, 2019, 04:10:24 PM »

mspart

It's called winter wheat because it's planted in the fall so it will grow over the winter.  It is usually cut before the spring wheat (which is planted in the spring), but they are both harvested within a couple of weeks of each other in the summer.

The only other last word thread I have ever seen was completely different than what is going on here.  On the jet ski forum I used to frequent  it was a word association thread.  Someone would post a word, then the next poster would post the first word that came to mind having to do with the previous posters word.

Car > Drive > Sunday > Church > etc
Whatever word
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84309 on: August 05, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »

This is the only thread on this forum that carries the double post prohibition, whether or not it is your Last Word and carries back to those olden days on The Mat.   

8+ years and running as the longest thread on TOM's forum. 

Not a that BIG a deal. You won't be castrated or have your fingers lopped off for the violation, but you do owe everyone a beer, and personally, I dislike wheat beers.  Sorry.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84310 on: August 05, 2019, 11:46:03 PM »
8+ years and running as the longest thread on TOM's forum. 

It's coming up on 11 years,
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84311 on: August 05, 2019, 11:47:22 PM »
Come to a Clackamas Community College dual and I'll buy you a beer.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84312 on: August 06, 2019, 07:58:10 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clackamas is a long way to go for a beer.

Have a terrific day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84313 on: August 06, 2019, 08:03:15 AM »
Buried in work can't squeeze a day off

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84314 on: August 06, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »
Clackamas is the closest college to where I live.  I take our new club guys to a dual there every year.