Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 3411001 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #84465 on: September 10, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
Our football coach (also the Principal/AD) is open to wrestling, the community hates the idea.  We're a basketball community and we don't want to hurt our basketball team.

Without wrestling Kelly Gregg would never have sniffed the NFL, but this former Fargo champ had a 12 year pro career. Most HS football coaches in Oklahoma understand the benefits of wrestling. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregKe20.htm (FWIW the only way Kelly Gregg made 6'0" was in platform shoes.)
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84466 on: September 11, 2019, 06:12:59 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hump day has arrived.

Have a wonderful day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #84467 on: September 11, 2019, 06:15:26 AM »
Off to NYC...

2.5 hrs in
1 hr meeting
2.5 hrs out

....Sheesh.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84468 on: September 11, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »
Going out to pick grapes for my friend today word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84469 on: September 11, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »
Was even worse than expected....meeting lasted a mere 30 minutes.  I had to hang out at the train station for an hour.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84470 on: September 12, 2019, 05:41:50 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had meeting that was scheduled for this morning moved out two weeks so that is awesome.

Have a terrific day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84471 on: September 12, 2019, 08:25:59 AM »
Daughters waterline to the fridge leaked last night. Water water everywhere....contractor that delivered and hooked up yesterday screwed up big time. Husband is away on a trip, had to instruct her how to turn off the whole house since we have no idea where the line was tapped into the pipe.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84472 on: September 13, 2019, 05:44:56 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That stinks. Hopefully she can get the contractor back out early today to fix it.

Have a fantastic day word!

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84473 on: September 13, 2019, 07:49:20 AM »
Water, water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink
Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84474 on: September 14, 2019, 06:22:03 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have as good of a day as you can possibly have word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84475 on: September 14, 2019, 08:33:56 AM »
It was a very interesting event.Old fridge water was not working so contractor thought water was off.  Sounds right, since he disconnected the water line and there was no water flow.  Checks the connection in the basement, sure enough, its off.

Connects old water line and heads to the basement to turn on it back on.  He never ran water through the new fridge, just tells my daughter to run 2 gallons through to clean it out.  Leaves.  If numbnuts had tested the water dispenser, he would have seen....no water.

Turns out, there were 2 water lines.  Both were off. The original water line was cut and the end crimped, but never removed.  The new water line was off.  After a period of time, the pressure from turning on the old line found a route out of the crimped end.....gentle water spray that ultimately accumulated into a pool in the ceiling.  We figured it all out when we started removing the soaked ceiling sheetrock and found the crimped line.  We found the new line coming from the floor and traced it to an access box in the ceiling on the other side of the room.  Yup, turned off.  Turned on and water is flowing out the water dispenser.

After we removed the wet sheetrock we also found a dead end heat duct above the sheetrock.  We turned the AC on and sure enough, its a working duct that was blowing air above the ceiling.  Unbelieveable.

Had to let everything dry out before replacing 6 feet of ceiling sheetrock today and figuring out what to do with the open duct..

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
« Reply #84476 on: September 14, 2019, 08:43:18 AM »
Good MORNING!!!  Got up stupid early to watch some Greco this morning.   Going to take my son into town today for the first 3rd/4th flag football game of the season.  Should be an interesting experience.  Last year the first game was chaotic and almost scary.  They seem to be doing a bit better this year.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84477 on: September 14, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »
If numbnuts had tested the water dispenser, he would have seen....no water.

Yes, the numbnuts can give you some surprises. I just got through working on a TASCAM 1/2" 8-track professional tape deck a musician friend asked me to repair. When it was put into fast forward, it couldn't be stopped and would run to the end of the tape unless the power was shut off. Also the tape counter had quit working and it would only record on three of the eight tracks. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting the electronic stuff to no effect before I figured out what was wrong with it.

In the tape path, on one side of the heads is a counter roller and on the other side a guide roller. The counter roller has a plate on the back side with metallic sections that create pulses in a magnetic pickup that run the tape counter. Someone had disassembled the rollers and unscrewed the shafts they're mounted on. When they put it back together, they reversed the shafts, which aren't the same part and have different length shoulders the rollers butt up against. So the counter roller stuck out too far for the magnetic pickup to produce any pulses. It was off far enough that the tape didn't even lie in the guide that lines the tape up with the heads. When I swapped the shafts back to where they belonged, not only did the tape counter start working but the runaway fast forward problem also went away. The lesson for me was not to assume a unit being repaired is still put together the way is was when it came from the factory.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84478 on: September 15, 2019, 08:01:36 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is more work than i have ever even considered doing to an 8 track.

Have an awesome day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84479 on: September 15, 2019, 01:18:49 PM »
....and it won't fit under the dash.  :(