Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4234159 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85140 on: March 30, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »
Yaeh keep the wheels a rollin'  If trucking goes down we're all screwed.

Online mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85141 on: March 30, 2020, 02:26:08 PM »
Yep, that is true.  There are guys called Axle Surgeons that go to a stranded truck with a broken axle and fix them up 24X7.  I'd be putting them on the essential business list word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85142 on: March 30, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
my son ordered 60 items from a grocer through Instacart,  They delivered 6 items, all fruit and vegetables at 9:30 AM.  He is PO'd. Big grocer  Did not delivery milk, bread, flour - basic stuff we know was on the shelf in the AM.  When something is not in stock they are supposed to text you with an alternative....not a single text....just...I'm shopping for you....I'm on the way.  As soon as he received the on the way message my son figured something was wrong.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85143 on: March 31, 2020, 07:49:52 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where we live is rural enough that we are behind the times. No Instacart. If I didn't get some groceries, they were either out or I forgot them.

Have a tremendous day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85144 on: March 31, 2020, 08:48:31 AM »
Instacart owns the delivery and curbside pick-up service over here with agreements with all of the supermarkets.  Now I hear they are staging a job action for hazard pay and better benefits.  It was a totally unreliable service before the strike now they are useless.  The kids offered to shop for us.  We're both in our 60s and my wife cares for her 89 year old mom who is even higher risk than we are.The supermarkets are the primary means of virus conveyance now.  Research out of U Nebraska suggests the virus may float airborne, If true ,all of the stay at home edicts are useless if your one trip out for food must be to a virus infested market.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85145 on: April 01, 2020, 06:40:27 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March is finally gone. Hopefully April sees a turnaround and we can start to see some recovery. No fooling.

Have a wonderful day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85146 on: April 01, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »
Yeah, hoping someone comes and says this virus was all a joke. 

" This was a  test of our emergency broadcast system."

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85147 on: April 02, 2020, 06:43:35 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing new. It is almost Friday.

Have a terrific day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85148 on: April 02, 2020, 07:56:25 AM »
Fingers crossed 2 days in a row with fewer Pos tests in both NY and NJ.  Looks the same for Washington too..  Hope it isn't due to fewer test being available.  Drive in test sites must have appointments now, not picking up the low severity cases that don't qualify. Cant speak for the inner cities but suburbs are ghost towns except for supermarkets. 

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85149 on: April 03, 2020, 06:35:15 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's good news! Hopefully the trend continues to decrease. Not ghost town level here but a very diminished capacity. I enjoy the reduced traffic.

And it's Friday!

Have a fantastic day word!

Online mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85150 on: April 03, 2020, 11:09:48 AM »
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone - Bill Withers RIP word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85151 on: April 03, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
" Lean on Me "

Online mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85152 on: April 03, 2020, 02:20:15 PM »
Two of the great songs of all time.  I love them.  Great voice!!

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85153 on: April 04, 2020, 08:21:31 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A woman contacted my wife about the masks that she and her friends are sewing. She posted a nice little story on Linked in.
https://www.linkedin.com/content-guest/article/small-town-big-heart-robin-salsberry/?fbclid=IwAR2zvZk6gU8ifL1VnCaeNfPkgTcBXWAUU14ia1XIAcxxavPOVje3KFrr1FE

Have a splendid day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85154 on: April 04, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »
Dropped honey buns a gift.