Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4496722 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85890 on: November 16, 2020, 09:00:52 AM »
storm blew in last night, stripped the trees of leaves and left them in every little nook.  Left a pile up against the slider.  Wifey didn't notice, opened the door.  Wind blew the pile into the house.  All I could do was laugh and ask if I should get the rake.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85891 on: November 17, 2020, 06:27:31 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Covid. Tested negative. No leaves in the house. Supposed to hit 70F Thursday.

Have an awesome day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85892 on: November 17, 2020, 08:44:54 AM »
Northwest chill blew in, staying in the 40's til Saturday, then 60's but not 70.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85893 on: November 18, 2020, 06:29:17 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winds today up to 35mph. Nobody needs that. At least it will be sunny.

Have a wonderful day word!

There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85894 on: November 18, 2020, 09:11:08 AM »
31 last night with wind chill to 15F.  Son in law forgot to blowout outdoor shower water lines and now he cant his blow out fitting.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85895 on: November 19, 2020, 06:34:26 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pushing to get some things wrapped up today to go home early tomorrow.

Have an extraordinary day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85896 on: November 19, 2020, 07:20:39 AM »
24 this AM.  Took the garbage out only to get slapped down by a frigid blow.  Warms up over the next week. Grand daughter tested negativo.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85897 on: November 20, 2020, 05:57:52 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeting this morning then going home to get moved out of the home.

Have an outstanding day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85898 on: November 20, 2020, 09:25:31 AM »
Dishwasher crapped out, wont empty.  Discharge hose kinked looping over a cabinet wall.  Replaced hose.  Still won't empty on wash cycle but empty on drain cycle.  Likely to be the float sensor.  So I go to order the sensor..."no longer available"  Huh?  So I try to find the manufacture date from the serial number.  No accurate sources.  3 sources, 1992, 1996 and 2004.  So I take wifey out to look for a new one since if its that old, the motor is probably due to fail too.  Ours has a custom panel.  Only 5 models now accept a custom panel, 3 are from Bosch, 1 Whirlpool, 1 GE Monogram.  GE is $2200, no way I'm spending +2200 on a dishwasher.  Whirlpool ratings - horrible 500+ amounting 1.5 ut of 5 .  First 5 reviews "noisy"  don't need that and a laundry list of failures after 1 year and out of warranty.  Down to Bosch.....due to COVID, assembly plant was shuttered for 3 months and the back order wait is 6-8 weeks.

Wifey "Oh that's not good."  Let's forget the custom panel.  "No it won't look right."  Sheesh

I hit eBay....best I could do was a used float for $15.  Ordered it.  Same guy had a used drain pump too $25, ordered it just in case. If its NG, then I'll deal with it. Somehow I see this $2200 dishwasher with its fingers on my wallet.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85899 on: November 21, 2020, 08:55:38 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks with the dishwasher. Same issue on a much smaller scale about a year ago. Board went out, for 200 more we got a new dishwasher. Done.

Have a great day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85900 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »
Went back to the appliance store. Sales guy said he was able to ID the manufacturer date at 1996, 24 years old.  Sales guy dropped the price another hundred plus installation and called it a black friday special. It does pay to deal with a family run business.I figured either the motor or the board are due to die, so I ordered the washer wifey wanted.  With a little luck I'll be able to tie a bow around it for Christmas.  Hopefully the parts I ordered get us through until the new one arrives.  Sales guy says there is good chance of 4-6 weeks because people don't buy dishwashers this time of year.  He said the backlog is so bad, almost every unit is being assigned a customer and seller name as it gets crated.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85901 on: November 22, 2020, 10:23:23 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think I have ever heard of a dishwasher lasting 24 years. That is crazy.

Moving out will be finished today. Apartment living for awhile.

Have a super day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85902 on: November 22, 2020, 01:59:46 PM »
Oh boy, fun times and wacky noises.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85903 on: November 23, 2020, 08:46:29 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! Wife has heard and questioned a minimum of 30 noises so far. And has said at least 30 times that she misses the house. Seems like every time she misses the house, she hears a new noise. Time to get her some headphones.

Have a marvelous day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85904 on: November 23, 2020, 09:00:02 AM »
Hopefully, cloggers do not live upstairs.