Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 6509140 times)

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #87540 on: August 01, 2022, 08:16:49 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guessers have backed off on the 100 degrees this week. Still heat advisory and mid to upper 90's.

Feel better and have an amazing day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87541 on: August 01, 2022, 12:27:03 PM »
Well, it is cooling off today, finally!!   Will be in the 80's.   It will take a couple of days for the house to cool off. 

Someone told me that the Tri Cities in WA (Pasco, Richland, Kennewick) was something on the order of 113 or 115 with a heat index of 129!   The guy that told me is a construction guy and said at those temps, you can't paint or caulk or anything.   Caulk runs like water and paint dries as soon as it is on the surface.   Wasn't that hot here but hot enough.

We had our son over and his family for dinner.  I was cooking the hamburgers and had it on low on the grill and went to check on them (it had been a little while).   They were flaming, I lifted the lid and about got burned, the hair on my arm did.  Opened it up and the whole grill was on fire, a FAT fire.   We get our beef from a friend and it is lean.   My wife bought these burgers already frozen and ready to cook.  Well, they were full of fat apparently.  Many were hockey pucks, but some were salvageable.   Anyway, my bad on the grille word!!

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #87542 on: August 01, 2022, 10:09:25 PM »
Yea, that's an experience.  All of the unburned drippings from the past liquify from the heat and all you need are few lit drips from the burgers to ignite the bottom and it flashes over. 

By the way, great was to clean the grill

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87543 on: August 02, 2022, 06:45:30 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also a great way to get a good sear on the burgers.

Have a terrific day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87544 on: August 02, 2022, 07:20:15 AM »
dreary, cloudy, rainy days of the past are gone.  Back to Sun and Fun.

Grandson takes on his first regatta today.  3 heats for all, top 3 placers go to the finals this afternoon. 2 mile race out and around an island.  This should be fun to watch.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87545 on: August 02, 2022, 11:36:37 AM »
Finally cooled off.   60F outside, the house is noticeably cooler but the thermostat still says 71.   Chickens are complaining so I better go feed them word.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87546 on: August 03, 2022, 06:15:57 AM »
Regatta postponed till Thursday due to wind and small craft warnings.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87547 on: August 03, 2022, 07:45:28 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the wind dies down for the regatta and the chickens stop complaining.

Have a wonderful day word!

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87548 on: August 03, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »
My wife decided the chickens need a new house with windows.   So she is busy building that but we have our grandson and he is too young to maintain interest in that for long.   I'll probably be recruited after work today.   Maybe the chickens will be appreciative.    ???

It was 55 outside and 70 at the thermostat this morning.   Upstairs was cool, downstairs warm.   I opened some doors downstairs and got it down to 67 in about 20 minutes.   Hopefully it stays like that word. 

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87549 on: August 04, 2022, 06:42:32 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a little rain and break from the heat but it is coming right back. Get those chickens some central air.

Have a tremendous day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87550 on: August 04, 2022, 07:09:44 AM »
Regatta is on. Should a very nice day, low 80's.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87551 on: August 04, 2022, 04:06:33 PM »
Chickens are happy with dried worms word.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87552 on: August 05, 2022, 06:33:37 AM »
Grandson did OK at the regatta.  He finished in the middle of the pack.....24 sailors, which was great since he was the youngest in the field.  The format changed and made the races quite a bit more challenging. Instead of heats of 6 sailors, all 24 raced in 5 heats and they tracked the top 5 placers in the 5 heats. The winners had the most placement points   They had to race around 3 buoys encompassing about a mile.  They had to time their run up to the start to coincide with the starting whistle.  You can imagine the traffic of 24 little sailboats swarming like angry bees in front of the start line, many headed in the wrong direction.  it was like 24 bumper cars heading every which way.  Overall, it was fun to watch.  The top 3 were all girls up to age 11.  He's only 7.  I was told a girl has won this race 9 years in row even though most of the sailors are boys, about 70%.  He was 1 of 2 that sailed club training boats.  All of the others own their own boats.  An idiot in a huge sports fisher came flying by one of the buoys as the kids were making a turn and nearly swamped a bunch of them with the wake.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87553 on: August 05, 2022, 07:08:58 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like that was a fun day for him. Now go buy him his own boat so he isn't held down by the club oat. And a crossbow to take out the competition.

Have a fantastic day word!

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #87554 on: August 05, 2022, 11:41:21 AM »
I would have been chucking up my chuck.   Glad to hear he did so well word. 

mspart