Author Topic: No Pain no Gain  (Read 1007 times)

Drooke

No Pain no Gain
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
Steve Fraser: No Pain, No Gain
– September 26, 2011
Posted in: Blogs
As I contemplate our poor performance at the 2011 Greco Roman World Championships, I struggle with what we need to do over the next 10 months to reach our Olympic goals for London.

The two things that stand out in my mind are:

1. On the feet, the wrestlers who win are true “fighters” in every sense of the word. They battle for position constantly. They are on the mat competing and wrestling to make something happen. They are taking the game to their opponents. And the guy who out-fights his foe is usually the guy who prevails.

This requires physical conditioning at the highest level. Make no mistake of this. To win at this game today requires getting one’s body in outstanding physical condition and being willing to use every ounce of that conditioning to destroy your opponent.

2. Great Parterre is crucial to win as well. Especially in Greco.  In the 2011 World Championships every American Greco wrestler, except for one, got turned and gave up points during the tournament. Parterre defense is especially crucial.

and the rest of the blog..... http://www.themat.tv/2011/09/26/steve-fraser-no-pain-no-gain/

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: No Pain no Gain
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »
Steve Fraser: No Pain, No Gain
– September 26, 2011
Posted in: Blogs
As I contemplate our poor performance at the 2011 Greco Roman World Championships, I struggle with what we need to do over the next 10 months to reach our Olympic goals for London.

The two things that stand out in my mind are:

1. On the feet, the wrestlers who win are true “fighters” in every sense of the word. They battle for position constantly. They are on the mat competing and wrestling to make something happen. They are taking the game to their opponents. And the guy who out-fights his foe is usually the guy who prevails.

This requires physical conditioning at the highest level. Make no mistake of this. To win at this game today requires getting one’s body in outstanding physical condition and being willing to use every ounce of that conditioning to destroy your opponent.

2. Great Parterre is crucial to win as well. Especially in Greco.  In the 2011 World Championships every American Greco wrestler, except for one, got turned and gave up points during the tournament. Parterre defense is especially crucial.

and the rest of the blog..... http://www.themat.tv/2011/09/26/steve-fraser-no-pain-no-gain/
This is exactly what Chandler has been saying for years.
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: No Pain no Gain
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »
Fraser has got to be feeling the heat after this one.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton