Author Topic: Cowboys Preparing for Title Run  (Read 4280 times)

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Cowboys Preparing for Title Run
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 12:34:18 AM »
Joe LeBlanc rule?
Yes...wrestlers who fail to make weight no longer have their previously-earned points deducted.
I assume this means if a wrestler fails to make weight on the 2nd or 3rd day of NCAA's they get to retain points earned for their respective team.  Guess I wasn't aware that was a rule.
I referred to it as the Joe LeBlanc rule because Wyoming lost his haul of points after he missed weight on Day 3.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 07:53:45 AM »
Joe LaBlanc:

He rebounded with four-straight wins on the second day, including two major decisions, to advance through the consolation bracket, but missed weight on the final day due to a scale malfunction and was forced to forfeit his final two matches..

I had forgotten all about that.

"The broken scale rule"
[/size][/size]

I was just checking, and they haven't updated 2010-2011 BIO's for the guys ...

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/oliver_jordan00.html

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:03:04 AM by Wire »
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 08:29:33 AM »
I don't buy the broken scale excuse, but I remember the incident now that you jogged my memory.
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
SHP, many of my fellow Oklahoma State fans and I have said the same thing for several years now.  We just don't have the kind of schedule that sets up well for NCAAs.  I know we wrestle a lot of good teams, but I'd sacrifice some duals to get tougher tournaments on the schedule.  Why any competitive D1 team isn't going to Midlands or the Scuffle is beyond me.  Reno is back on the schedule, but thats not the same at all.

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
OkieSpladle ,

Do you know when the cut off is for the Midlands ? I am pretty sure as an invitational a few guys could go on there own .
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
OkieSpladle ,

Do you know when the cut off is for the Midlands ? I am pretty sure as an invitational a few guys could go on there own .

I don't know the cutoff date, but I can't ever remember any Cowboys going.  Obviously, I'm not concerned about Oliver, but guys like Parks, Morrison, Perry, Z and White would really benefit from that type of test, IMO.  I doubt they go on their own, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
OkieSpladle ,

I don't know the cutoff date, but I can't ever remember any Cowboys going.  Obviously, I'm not concerned about Oliver, but guys like Parks, Morrison, Perry, Z and White would really benefit from that type of test, IMO.  I doubt they go on their own, but maybe they'll surprise me.
Forget it. Oklahoma State wrestles Boise State on the blue mats on December 30, day 2 of Midlands.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »
He better be right about Byers... thats all I gotta say.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Drooke

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 11:09:43 PM »
Sounds to me like he is getting beat in the room....just sayin'.

Offline TehGratest

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »
Sounds to me like he is getting beat in the room....just sayin'.

Byers?  At this point he's probably still adjusting to having partners that push him.  GMU not exactly a rich tradition with a competitive room.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
Having no direct knowledge of the situation, I can't say who wins in the room.  However, I cannot believe that Byers isn't the best guy the Cowboys have at that weight.  I know there are a lot of Rosholt fans out there and many who want badly to have him win the spot, but I just don't see it.  Keep in mind there were rumors that Albert White was handling Jamal Parks in the room before last season started. 

Rosholt has heart and potential.  Byers has wins over top notch wrestlers.  Thats what I'm going on until I see different on the mat.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l