Author Topic: *****QUESTION*******  (Read 4337 times)

Drooke

*****QUESTION*******
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:37:45 pm »
Are we going to allow the drafting of Red Shirts for the sole reason of being able to use them as a keeper for NEXT season?

I say Nay....what say you?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: *****QUESTION*******
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:18 pm »
I would say no, but I would like to hear some input from others on this.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:42:51 am »
this would be a risk reward thing for people.  I mean and what happens if people don't stick around for the next year.  also how about those of us who have NO freaking clue about redshirts.

hmmmm

I don't know.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »
actually i sorta like the idea but not strong enough to make a big deal out of it.   i remember last year at draft time i drafted both altons because i didn't know which one would wrestle and which one would red shirt.  well andrew wrestled and dylan didn't so i spent half the year with a hole in my roster and i think a couple times wanted to use someone who was not available to use because dylan was using up that spot.   anyway,  i could go either way on this one.  i can see with the howes etc of the world it would be advantageous to some but even so they would have to forfeit their first round pick next year.   
wag more...  bark less

Drooke

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:33:44 pm »
Since we didn't have a crushing desire for this to happen I say we don't allow it.

Unless it is a late case RS where no one has discussed it before...

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 03:21:46 pm »
I say nah too.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell