Author Topic: League Rules  (Read 3007 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
League Rules
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:08:23 pm »
ALL WEEKLY LINEUPS ARE DUE MIDNIGHT CENTRAL TIME THURSDAY.

The Basics
1. 15 wrestlers per team. You'll start 11 wrestlers per week, one guy at each weight from 125-285 and then a "flex" guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.

2. There isn't going to be head to head during the regular season. The standings will go strictly by total points scored.

The regular season will run up through Conferences. After Conferences the 4 highest scoring teams will advance to the finals during NCAA's, along with two wild cards teams.

These wild cards will be the two highest scoring teams during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway. Come NCAA's I'll wipe the scores clean and it'll be a 6 way scramble for the championship.

3. 3 points for a win by decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech with back's and 6 for a pin, default, or forfeit.

4. All dual meets count for points. Other events that will count for points will be the All Star Match, Hokie Open, Kauffman Brand Open, Las Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle, Penn State Open, Michigan State Open, NC State Open, Body Bar Invitational, Navy Classic, Brockport tournament, the EMU Open, the Binghamton Open, PSACS, NY Interscholastics, the Keystone Classic.

5. Wrestlers who win the Vegas, Reno, Midlands and Scuffle tournaments will get a ten point bonus added to their scores. Wrestlers who finish second in those tournaments will get five bonus points. OW for these tournaments will get 5 bonus points.

6. Conference scoring will be as such:

Big 10  16-1st/ 12-2nd

Big 12  12-1st/ 8-2nd

All others 10-1st/ 6-2nd
The guys who win OW at those tournaments will also get 5 bonus points.

7. Trades are permitted, free agency is not. We'll have a trading deadline this year of 2/16.

8. Supplemental draft will be back during the holiday weekend in its 3 round format. NEW MODIFICATION: The first pick in the supplemental draft will not cost you a current roster spot. The 2nd and 3rd pick, if you take it, will cost you a wrestler off of your current roster.
9.  If your wrestler wrestles in a dual at a different weight and wins you get his points.

However if your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back ups points.

The rule from last year where if your wrestler doesn't wrestle and his back up wins will stay the same. You will get those points just as long as someone else doesn't have the back up.

10. Back Up rule: The difference between tournaments and duals  will be that in tournaments to get points from a back up you will have to specifically declare that back up in your line up for the week.

11. If your wrestler beats a guy in the TOM Top 20 at a tournament that we don't score you'll get points for that.

12. If you trade a guy away, but then for some reason want him back you'll have to wait three weeks before you're able to trade back for him.

6. NCAA's will deviate from normal scoring. We will use official tournament scoring there, not the scoring used during the regular season. All other tournaments will continue to be scored in the 3/4/5/6 format.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:50:27 pm by AKIN »
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: League Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:03:22 am »
AKIN,
 The Buffalo open and the Mat town Invitational are both really good tournaments this year .Mat town ( the one in December) has at least 10 div. 1 teams .

Kent State, Columbia, Franklin & Marshall, Old Dominion, Virginia Military Institute, Bloomsburg, Sacred Heart, Michigan, Drexel & Pittsburgh
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:07:39 am by herbp »
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:16:46 pm »
Quick Reference guide

The following tournaments are eligible, listed alphabetically (dates in parenthesis/bold = active in current week/italics = completed):

ALPHABETICAL ORDER
Binghamton-(Nov 13th)
Body Bar Invitational-(Nov 19th)
Brockport/Oklahoma Gold-(Nov 12th)

Cliff Keen Invitational*-(Dec 2nd & 3rd)

Eastern Michigan Open-(Nov 5th)

Harold Nichols Open-(Nov 13th)
Hokie Open-(Nov 6th)

Kauffman-Brand-(Dec 4th)
Keystone Classic-(Nov 20th)

Mat Town Invitational-(Dec 29th)
Michigan State Open-(Nov 12th)
Midlands*-(Dec 29th & 30th)

Navy Classic-(Nov 19th)
NC State Open-(Nov 13th)
NWCA All-Star-(Nov 21st)
NY Intercollegiate- (Jan 21st-22nd) btw not the NY Interscholastics

Penn State Open-(Dec 4th)
PSAC-(Dec 10th)

Reno Tournament of Champions-(Dec 18th)

Southern Scuffle*-(Jan 1st & 2nd)

DATE ORDER of Fantasy league scoring Tournaments

Eastern Michigan Open-(Nov 5th)
Hokie Open-(Nov 6th)

Brockport/Oklahoma Gold-(Nov 12th)
Michigan State Open-(Nov 12th)

Binghamton-(Nov 13th)
Harold Nichols Open-(Nov 13th)
NC State Open-(Nov 13th)

Body Bar Invitational-(Nov 19th)
Navy Classic-(Nov 19th)

Keystone Classic-(Nov 20th)
NWCA All-Star-(Nov 21st)

Cliff Keen Invitational*-(Dec 2nd & 3rd)

Kauffman-Brand-(Dec 4th)
Penn State Open-(Dec 4th)

PSAC-(Dec 10th)

Reno Tournament of Champions-(Dec 18th)

Mat Town Invitational-(Dec 29th)
Midlands*-(Dec 29th & 30th)

Southern Scuffle*-(Jan 1st & 2nd)

NY Intercollegiate- (Jan 21st-22nd)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:54:05 am by KR1963 »
CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »
Am I missing something about the Buffalo Open?  It isn't listed in the original tournament list.  Did we add it?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 02:04:02 pm »
Well since that is not my list, no it is not.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »
I wondered about that.  Thanks for the clarification, Akin!

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:27 am »
Am I missing something about the Buffalo Open?  It isn't listed in the original tournament list.  Did we add it?
fixed it
CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin