Author Topic: Rules, Moderation, and Foolishness  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
Rules, Moderation, and Foolishness
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »
We presently have 10 moderation reports open.

Let my clarify my position on rules.  If I had my way, we'd have virtually none at all, and people would act decently of their own accord.  But since we cannot function that way, I want to see the rules applied uniformly... and preferably seldom.  While there is no likelihood that the system will be perfect, rules will not, so long as I am here, be knowingly applied in a selective fashion.

I will now pick my way through these 10 reports.  This, I will note, is not my job.  My sister gets paid to keep order in a kindergarten; I will not long do the same job for free.

It may be that someone else will take a time out, based on the content of the reports.  I hope not, but it is what it is.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Rules, Moderation, and Foolishness
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:22:22 pm »
sorry for the reports I put in Ray.  I have been trying to let somethings slide but those two were clear violation.  I am trying not to report things that are boarderline.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline HoundedHawk

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:39 pm »
sorry for the reports I put in Ray.  I have been trying to let somethings slide but those two were clear violation.  I am trying not to report things that are boarderline.
I see I like the forum rules. I believe this will be a fun place.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »
I see I like the forum rules. I believe this will be a fun place.

They are not being followed all that well anymore hounded.  It lasted about a month maybe a little more.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline HoundedHawk

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:33:47 pm »
Well, sorry to hear that.  How are you doing, coach? 

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:39:20 pm »
Well, sorry to hear that.  How are you doing, coach?

Moved to Vancouver, WA.  Took a promotion in the Corps and now work for the Portland District.  Going to miss NCAA's this year but hope to get back for the Des Moines nationals next year.

Offline HoundedHawk

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 11:41:06 am »
You certainly moved to beautiful country.  I've been out there a couple times.  The Columbia River (sp?) was awesome, and we happened to be in Seattle on a gorgeous sunny day.  We ate in the Space Needle since it was built the same year we were born. My wife and I then went on an Alaskan cruise out of the port. 

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 12:11:43 pm »
You certainly moved to beautiful country.  I've been out there a couple times.  The Columbia River (sp?) was awesome, and we happened to be in Seattle on a gorgeous sunny day.  We ate in the Space Needle since it was built the same year we were born. My wife and I then went on an Alaskan cruise out of the port.

My wife and I did an Alaskan cruise shortly after we moved here.  It was great.  We do love it out here, salmon fishing on the Columbia is great.