Author Topic: Champs next year  (Read 13177 times)

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Champs next year
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
I'll take DSJ at 157 IF Dake isn't there.

yeah Ruth beat the crap out of 174lbers...guys like Steinhaus, Bosak, etc...they Don't weigh 174

And Perry beat guys like Leblanc and Steinhouse at 184, cut to 174 and wasn't on Ruth or Amuch's level.  I know we won't know for sure until it happens, but I think the doubts about Ruth going up are overblown.

Anyone know what JO actually weighed when he wrestled OTTs?

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »
i do, but i aint sayin, haha
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
65.6 KG
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »

yeah Ruth beat the crap out of 174lbers...guys like Steinhaus, Bosak, etc...they Don't weigh 174

And Perry beat guys like Leblanc and Steinhouse at 184, cut to 174 and wasn't on Ruth or Amuch's level.  I know we won't know for sure until it happens, but I think the doubts about Ruth going up are overblown.

Anyone know what JO actually weighed when he wrestled OTTs?

I often wonder what McBono's weight is ... Just walking around in the off season. I swear, that guy get's the Weight Management "Hodge" Trophy IMO !!!... .

Or the "Jenny Craig" Trophy.
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »
Nobody wants to take Derek St John for the win at 157...

If DSJ beats Dake I'll be there booing.
Tax the churches.

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »
Nobody wants to take Derek St John for the win at 157...

If DSJ beats Dake I'll be there booing.
Excellent!!!  The place should be hoping with nobody sleeping.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2012, 06:34:02 AM »

Quiet!  He's too small!  Just because the physical specimen Chris Perry could beat Joe Leblanc, Kevin Steinhaus, Grant Gambrall and Josh Inhen, doesn't mean the weakling Ed Ruth could EVER best these upper echelon 184s. 
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:54 AM »
Gambrall was never really settled in at 184 last season.

Perry was a 184 wrestling 184s...Ruth is not a 184 YET.  I'm not gonna crown a guy w/o a win at a weight.  That's why I'm not just gonna make Oliver the champ just because he goes up, or make Alton the "man" at 149.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »

Perry was a 184 wrestling 184s...Ruth is not a 184 YET.  I'm not gonna crown a guy w/o a win at a weight.  That's why I'm not just gonna make Oliver the champ just because he goes up, or make Alton the "man" at 149.

Perry was a 184 who during the season made the cut to 174.  You can't tell me that Ruth can't gain enough size to be as big as Perry was during the early season last year.  As I understand it, Perry beat Leblanc in Reno after weighing in at something like 181 because he was already headed down.

You can apply whatever standards you want, of course, because this is all idle speculation, but all evidence points to Ruth being able to make the jump.  Whether or not you crown the guy is irrelevant.

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »
Anyone know where one would go to find out how tall some of these guys are.  Clearly, if someone is taller, it would be logical they could add weight to wrestle at a higher weight than if they are shorter.  Are Taylor, Ruth, Perry and Wright around the same height? 

It looks like Wright is taller, but the others might be closer in height to each other?

Just wondering . . .

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2012, 11:03:05 AM »
Ruth dominated with length and strength at 174.  I don't see him managing that at 184 against the likes of Bosak and Steinhaus.  Unless of course he's been kicking the crap out of Q in the room these last couple of years.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
Ruth dominated with length and strength at 174.  I don't see him managing that at 184 against the likes of Bosak and Steinhaus.  Unless of course he's been kicking the crap out of Q in the room these last couple of years.

Sig bet?  If Ruth goes 184, I've got a month of my signature that he wins it.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »
absolutely

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2012, 11:26:15 AM »

Perry beat GG the year he got 3rd.

Your logic is  myopic Bryce.  Where did you have DT finishing coming into this year before he wrestled a match at 165?  You are aware that Ed was at 184 his entire redshirt year, correct?  During which he accumulated victories.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:29:29 AM by vaisforlovers »
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
Anyone know where one would go to find out how tall some of these guys are.  Clearly, if someone is taller, it would be logical they could add weight to wrestle at a higher weight than if they are shorter.  Are Taylor, Ruth, Perry and Wright around the same height? 

It looks like Wright is taller, but the others might be closer in height to each other?

Just wondering . . .

Q is much taller.

I was standing next to Ruth in the tunnel before his semi-final match, I was amazed at how small he is to be honest, Ness was a few feet away and looked bigger.
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory