Author Topic: India starting a wrestling league not until RPW  (Read 1083 times)

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
India starting a wrestling league not until RPW
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:52:34 AM »
"In an attempt to promote the sport in the country, the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI), in association with Leisure Sports Management, will be organising the Indian Wrestling League early next year

The six-team franchisee-based event will be held in January-February next year with some of the leading male and female wrestlers of India and abroad participating in seven different weight groups in the freestyle category

"The league will help in making wrestling a worthwhile sport and a career option and will attract more youth. May be in the next Olympics we can win seven or eight medals," the commissioner and chairman of the governing body of the league, GS Mander, said.

"All six teams will have star players like Sushil (Kumar) and Yogeshwar (Dutt) which will make the event very exciting. The rules of the game will also be modified a bit to attract more people," he said, adding that it was a giant step taken by the federation to popularise the sport." 

I wonder:

- will it be freestyle, kushti, or a combination?

- how will they recruit wrestlers from abroad?

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
Re: India starting a wrestling league not until RPW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
cool
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile