Author Topic: NCAA Cabinet Says-----  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
Re: NCAA Cabinet Says-----
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
Quote from: NCAA
In addition, the cabinet requested results from a survey of Division I wrestling coaches and input from student-athletes."

Oh, yeah... those guys.

Count me as surprised and somewhat impressed.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 02:21:31 PM »
In addition, the cabinet requested results from a survey of Division I wrestling coaches and input from student-athletes."

Oh, yeah... those guys.

Good one Ray!

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
"Specifically, the cabinet wants additional feedback on how the proposed championship would affect the current championship,

information on the views of the NCAA’s media partner(s),........

In other words, what will ESPN pay for the tournament rights and how will the title format change the financial picture of the individual tournament.

I think they also need to consider allowing teams not in the "Sweaty Sixteen" to schedule duals during the two week tournament period.  What can amount to three weeks off before conference tournaments may be too long a layoff.

The need for the PAC 10 to completely reschedule their conf tournament is merely an after thought.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:19 PM »

Oh, yeah... those guys.

I wonder how this change could affect recruiting and recruit team selection, for those perceived to be a notch lower in potential than the top tier recruits. - Do you target a school that you feel will lead you to an individual title, or a "team" powerhouse that is most likely to get you a team championship?  They may not necessarily be the same teams / coaches since head to head dual match ups often produce different results than the team title from an individual tournament.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 06:15:01 AM »

Oh, yeah... those guys.

Ray ... I asked this same question a week or so ago ... Where and when was the input from the wrestlers considered ?? Because i would bet $$ they favored the Individual event, over the Duals.
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
I did get a good chuckle from Koll and Moyers comments after the NCAA tabled it. They basically said "yeah we need more time to discuss this."

I wonder if Mo bonked their heads together after that.

where was this at, rock
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline ptoc-nwca

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »
I did get a good chuckle from Koll and Moyers comments after the NCAA tabled it. They basically said "yeah we need more time to discuss this."

I wonder if Mo bonked their heads together after that.

where was this at, rock

I think this was the article: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120912/sports/120912024/ncaa-committee-tables-national-duals-proposal?archive