Author Topic: NCAA Cabinet Says-----  (Read 7488 times)

Offline hand fighter

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Cabinet Says-----
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
Now will Cael, Tom and the rest start attending NCWA funtions and start contibuting for the Well Being of ALL programs?

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »
 Wrestling community shoots itself in the foot.  Claims no progress is actually progress. 
Tax the churches.

Offline cwilson

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »
I actually like the idea of a NCAA Dual champion, but I don't like that only 51% of coaches were in favor.  Possible anarchy there.  Good job by NCAA committee to recognize that wrestling is not ready for a change, but clearly change is necessary to keep wrestling around in the distant future.  I hear many opposed the the NWCA working on this issue.  So if the NWCA doesn't take the lead in problem solving this issue, who will?   Even though it has failed for now,  I am glad that somebody is trying to keep wrestling around for the distant future.

The plan clearly needs revision to draw in more coaches, and then maybe the NCAA will listen.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 02:35:59 PM »
Again, I like the option of having 2 separate National championships, Individual and Dual, even if the NCAA will only "recognize" one of them. Why take away from one to prop up another? That would be progress to me.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
Did the NCAA just call this a mulligan? I hope that both sides of the arguement take advantage of this gift and work together to finding a solution to this problem.

+1 Akin. My thoughts exactly.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »
I was shouting for that like on page 10 of the 50 pages of debate...I am fine with 2, but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 03:36:23 PM »
I was shouting for that like on page 10 of the 50 pages of debate...I am fine with 2, but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face

Like it would matter!!!    :o

mspart

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »
Now will Cael, Tom and the rest start attending NCWA funtions and start contibuting for the Well Being of ALL programs?

Do ALL programs pay their salaries, or do the Universities of Pennsylvania and Iowa do that?  I think they should be there but don't play that card.  FANS need to contribute to the well being of all programs.  Coaches need to worry about their teams and what is best for their student athletes. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
Do ALL programs pay their salaries, or do the Universities of Pennsylvania and Iowa do that?

Friendly reminder:  Pennsylvania State University != University of Pennsylvania.

Offline hand fighter

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
I'm with you on that Fuhr. But i've been told by more than one D1 coach that a few coach's refuse to cooperate/contibute. One of the coach's and i quote" Cael and Tom are out on an island of their own!"

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
I'm with you on that Fuhr. But i've been told by more than one D1 coach that a few coach's refuse to cooperate/contibute. One of the coach's and i quote" Cael and Tom are out on an island of their own!"
and what a large well funded island it is with a huge fan base that gives a crap about the wrestling teams
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
I have a feeling it will be back to them by february.

This is a win for those who knew it was too rushed. Now, if you really want this to happen, put some time, thought and research into it, and data to back it up.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
Does this mean the boy will continue to wrestle? He has mad skills. It would be a shame to lose him.  8)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
Do ALL programs pay their salaries, or do the Universities of Pennsylvania and Iowa do that?

Friendly reminder:  Pennsylvania State University != University of Pennsylvania.

Yeah but if I had said the state universities of Iowa and Pennsylvania I would have been saying ISU.  Seemed like a bigger faux pas to me and I wanted to be all fancy like. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »
Does this mean the boy will continue to wrestle? He has mad skills. It would be a shame to lose him.  8)

Lol he might come out of retirement now. :)
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."