Author Topic: 10 best evidences confirming a young earth  (Read 5425 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: 10 best evidences confirming a young earth
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
If one was to study the history of the scientific consensus of the age of the Earth one would find it's tied to human evolution. In short, as it became apparent that evolution took longer and longer, which ironically enough correlates to our understanding of cell structure (virtually unknown in Darwins time, he assured his readers the cell was but protoplasm, uncomplicated) and DNA. The more complicated things became, the more time was needed to develop it. So estimates of the Earth and the universes age increased. Evolution, much of cosmology, is little more than a Just So story. A phantasy told to quiet racing minds. Again, CTC impresses, who is this man?

The age of the Earth has actually been settled for quite a long time and has never changed to accomodate the required time for evolution.  The ages is based on radiometric dating of rocks, and meteors. 

BTW, the advances in genetic science have resulted in more and more evidence supporting evolution.  Scientist can now identify very closely the date of different branchings of the phylogentic tree.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »
If one was to study the history of the scientific consensus of the age of the Earth one would find it's tied to human evolution. In short, as it became apparent that evolution took longer and longer, which ironically enough correlates to our understanding of cell structure (virtually unknown in Darwins time, he assured his readers the cell was but protoplasm, uncomplicated) and DNA. The more complicated things became, the more time was needed to develop it. So estimates of the Earth and the universes age increased. Evolution, much of cosmology, is little more than a Just So story. A phantasy told to quiet racing minds. Again, CTC impresses, who is this man?

The age of the Earth has actually been settled for quite a long time and has never changed to accomodate the required time for evolution.  The ages is based on radiometric dating of rocks, and meteors. 

BTW, the advances in genetic science have resulted in more and more evidence supporting evolution.  Scientist can now identify very closely the date of different branchings of the phylogentic tree.
Here you go sparky, this sums it up for you and about you.  (actually pretty cool song and pictures)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DmAh0dObI
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »

Here you go sparky, this sums it up for you and about you.  (actually pretty cool song and pictures)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DmAh0dObI

Love that song ctc.  Thanks.  Unfortunately for me, dreams are just ethereal.  Science forces me to live in the real world.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »
Don't care about debating anything with you Sparky, unless it's wrestling.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »
Don't care about debating anything with you Sparky, unless it's wrestling.

Then you probably should not wander so far from where you feel safe Jason old buddy.  You might just get squashed.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 12:36:18 PM »
Enjoy, Sparky.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150048/non-offensive-christmas-icon

Just because you have the right to sue and be a dick to people defended by the Constitution doesn't mean you have to exercise that right every chance you get.

Merry Christmas, or Winter Solstice, or Men with Tails and Gills Day.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:37:26 PM by Jason Bryant »

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
Enjoy, Sparky.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150048/non-offensive-christmas-icon

Just because you have the right to sue and be a dick to people defended by the Constitution doesn't mean you have to exercise that right every chance you get.

Merry Christmas, or Winter Solstice, or Men with Tails and Gills Day.

No but I have a responsibility to defend the constitution and I take that seriously.

Happy holidays to you too Jason.  Enjoy the Midlands of Scuffle whichever one you are going to.  Wish I could go to one of them but alas, no go this year.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 01:49:05 PM »
Whatever you have to tell yourself ...

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
Whatever you have to tell yourself ...

I don't have to tell myself anything Jason.  I just have to be me, and I like being me.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
Now you're singing show tunes. Not completely surprised

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »
Now you're singing show tunes. Not completely surprised

I don't sing.  That is not a pleasant thing, trust me.