Author Topic: League Rules  (Read 1647 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
League Rules
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:39:03 pm »

ALL WEEKLY LINEUPS ARE DUE MIDNIGHT CENTRAL TIME THURSDAY.

The Basics
1. 15 wrestlers per team. You'll start 11 wrestlers per week, one guy at each weight from 125-285 and then a "flex" guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.

2. There isn't going to be head to head during the regular season. The standings will go strictly by total points scored.

The regular season will run up through Conferences. After Conferences the 5 highest scoring teams will advance to the finals during NCAA's, along with one wild card team.

The wild card will be the highest scoring team during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway. Come NCAA's I'll wipe the scores clean and it'll be a 6 way scramble for the championship.

3. 3 points for a win by decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech with back's and 6 for a pin, default, or forfeit.

4. All dual meets count for points. Other events that will count for points will be the All Star Match, Hokie Open, Las Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle, Penn State Open, Michigan State Open, NC State Open, Body Bar Invitational, Navy Classic, Brockport tournament, the EMU Open, the Binghamton Open, PSACS, NY Interscholastics, the Keystone Classic, Brute and Buffalo Open.

5. Wrestlers who win the Vegas, Reno, Midlands and Scuffle tournaments will get a ten point bonus added to their scores. Wrestlers who finish second in those tournaments will get five bonus points. OW for these tournaments will get 5 bonus points.

6. Conference scoring will be as such:

Big 10  16-1st/ 12-2nd

All others 10-1st/ 6-2nd
The guys who win OW at those tournaments will also get 5 bonus points.

7. Trades are permitted, free agency is not. We'll have a trading deadline this year of 2/16.

8. Supplemental draft will be back during the holiday weekend in a 3 round format. If you make a pick, it will cost you a wrestler off of your current roster.

9.  If your wrestler wrestles in a dual at a different weight and wins you get his points.

However if your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back ups points.

The rule from last year where if your wrestler doesn't wrestle and his back up wins will stay the same. You will get those points just as long as someone else doesn't have the back up.

10. Back Up rule: The difference between tournaments and duals  will be that in tournaments to get points from a back up you will have to specifically declare that back up in your line up for the week.

11. If your wrestler beats a guy in the TOM/AWN Top 20 at a tournament that we don't score you'll get points for that.

12. If you trade a guy away, but then for some reason want him back you'll have to wait three weeks before you're able to trade back for him.

6. NCAA's will deviate from normal scoring. We will use official tournament scoring there, not the scoring used during the regular season. All other tournaments will continue to be scored in the 3/4/5/6 format.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: League Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:41:18 pm »
I will leave this unlocked for a couple of days for everyone to look over and discuss any issues.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline Jerry Callo

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
Possible Question of First Impression
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:52:49 am »
Since I think this is the first time it has taken place, I am not sure how the rules apply to this:

I just noticed there will be Big 12 Duals on 3/8 and a Big 12 Tourney on 3/9.  How will those be scored for Conference Week?   Will they both count, or ony the Tourney? 

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Question of First Impression
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:03:35 pm »
Since I think this is the first time it has taken place, I am not sure how the rules apply to this:

I just noticed there will be Big 12 Duals on 3/8 and a Big 12 Tourney on 3/9.  How will those be scored for Conference Week?   Will they both count, or ony the Tourney?

I raised this question before.  I believe the answer was the duals count towards the last week score and then the conference tournament counts to conference week.

Offline Jerry Callo

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
Re: League Rules
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 02:19:46 pm »
Sorry I didnt catch that - thanks for the answer. 
Mongo only pawn in game of life.