Author Topic:  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Tubalard

• World Silver
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:34:02 AM »
If the gov anounced that it was going to allow vigilante justice at this very instant what would happen?

Do you think gang members, drug dealers and such would be taken out?  Would you participate?

It would be an interesting experiment to say the least.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Tubalard »
Abortion is the violent act of ending human development.

Protect the precious life of your young at all cost.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:17 AM »
Quote from: "Tubalard"
If the gov anounced that it was going to allow vigilante justice at this very instant what would happen?

Do you think gang members, drug dealers and such would be taken out?  Would you participate?

I think in areas where gangs are a major problem yes.

Would I? Only if I had to, meaning me or my family was attacked.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline Indiana Wrestler

• LXP
  • National Team
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Could be fun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Indiana Wrestler »

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 02:20:45 PM »
Definately. I'd be walking down the street kicking ass and taking names. I can think of about 30 kids and about 100 adults in my town I'd love to kick the shit out of. Now whether they broke the law or not, IDK. In my mind, though, the parents broke the law by reproducing and with the kids, it would be as a precautionary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rockhard »
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline RichardNixon

• DI
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »
"were like 7-11, we're not always doin business, but we are always open."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by RichardNixon »
Primo Redistribution

Offline cyanide&happiness

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »
This is like the scene from Animal House where Larry has the devil and angel on his shoulder..should I do her when she's drunk or should I not?

I couldn't take a human life. Not my style. If I was prone toward that mentality however, I would run over the jaywalkers in my part of the woods. It sounds stupid, but they just stroll along, slow as can be, when traffic is going against them, expecting the world to stop for their dumb asses because they just can't figure out how to use the walk button. I don't even know how many accidents these losers have caused. It pisses me off so bad I roll up on them and make them do a little hop, skip and jump sometimes so they get the big picture.

It's the little things in life that piss you off sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cyanide&happiness »

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 07:40:05 PM »
I would like to kick a lot of arse, but in reality I would be careful because I don't want to put my family (or myself) in jeopardy.  I would pick my battles very wisely.  If somebody was a severe threat, I would probably take them out, but I would get some help because I don't want to leave any room for error.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by red viking »
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »
I hope I would avoid engaging in any vigilante activities. If our government ever declared that it's ok to drag people out into the street for vigilante justice then we need to strongly reconsider overthrowing that government.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jointdoc55 »

Offline bigokieguy

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
Quote from: "Jointdoc55"
I hope I would avoid engaging in any vigilante activities. If our government ever declared that it's ok to drag people out into the street for vigilante justice then we need to strongly reconsider overthrowing that government.
Vigilatiansm is just another name for anarchy since everyman will make their own law.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by bigokieguy »

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
Wouldn't this add more of the problem for what this kind of "justice" is supposed to fight against?

Aren't a number of gangs in the US a product of vigilantism going too far?

I saw somewhere on some History Channel program that one of the major gangs in the US started as a "community organization that brought people of the neighborhood together to take back the streets".  This sounded like it started off as a group of vigilantees getting together to keep the criminals away, but then became criminals themselves...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by a guest »

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »

That woulkd be a scary thought having Tubby (a guy with no moral standards, that thinks people having sex in a Taco Bell is cool) out carrying a gun looking to gun down people that don't agree with him.  It wouldn't be anarchy, it would be hell.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ctc »
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Tubalard

• World Silver
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 08:58:52 AM »
Quote from: "ctc"

Do you think gang members, drug dealers and such would be taken out?  Would you participate?

That woulkd be a scary thought having Tubby (a guy with no moral standards, that thinks people having sex in a Taco Bell is cool) out carrying a gun looking to gun down people that don't agree with him.  It wouldn't be anarchy, it would be hell.
I'd ask you a series of yes/no answers.  Bipolar arguments - you know the way conservatives like it.

If I didn't like your answer...oh man!  

I'd get vigilante on yo as!!!

By you, I don't mean CTC of course.  With you I'd sit down have a lemon aid and discuss the finer points of the day's weather like all well socialized people do at the cooler regarless of ideology.  Then I'd give you a BIG smile, give you a hand wave and wish you a happy day and walk away.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:13:18 AM »
By you, I don't mean CTC of course. With you I'd sit down have a lemon aid and discuss the finer points of the day's weather like all well <span style='color:red'>socialized</span> people do at the cooler regarless of ideology. Then I'd give you a BIG smile, give you a hand wave and wish you a happy day and walk away.

Please, no, say it ain't so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ctc »
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Tubalard

• World Silver
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 09:26:07 AM »
Quote from: "ctc"
By you, I don't mean CTC of course. With you I'd sit down have a lemon aid and discuss the finer points of the day's weather like all well <span style='color:red'>socialized</span> people do at the cooler regarless of ideology. Then I'd give you a BIG smile, give you a hand wave and wish you a happy day and walk away.

Please, no, say it ain't so.
I wouldn't shake your hand though.

You know why you dirty you...

Offline AKHvywght

• All-American
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 09:30:23 AM »
There are a lot of folks who are too pansy ass. They would hire the criminal elements to do the dirty work.

Vigilante Justice would make law abiding citizens into the gangsters, and the gangsters into the law.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AKHvywght »