Author Topic:  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:59:47 AM »
On Friday night my son Justin drew a kid who is one of our top wrestlers, Wilson, (MO recruit) in Greco. In the first period they are tied up near the edge and Justin puts this beautiful toss on him. Wilson comes down on his head out of bounds and rolls over (total back exposure), comes back in and catches Justin on his back and they both roll out. The ref awards the point 3-1 Wilson. And, yes, the official DOES wear glasses.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Cougar1 »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:02:58 AM »
bad call
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
This is a very typical situation, should have been 3-2 for your boy. Another one I hate worse is in FS when one wrestler shoots a double and hits it hard then the defending wrestler reaches over and throws the offensive wrestler while being driven threw. This should also be 3-2 for the offensive wrestler. way to many times I have seen this called only 2 for the wrestler defending the shot, even when the shooting wrestler gains advantage. Now this is different if the defending wrestler has clearly stopped the shot with a sprawl, then reaches over for a crotch throw.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by drmuscle »
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
Quote from: "drmuscle"
This is a very typical situation, should have been 3-2 for your boy. Another one I hate worse is in FS when one wrestler shoots a double and hits it hard then the defending wrestler reaches over and throws the offensive wrestler while being driven threw. This should also be 3-2 for the offensive wrestler. way to many times I have seen this called only 2 for the wrestler defending the shot, even when the shooting wrestler gains advantage. Now this is different if the defending wrestler has clearly stopped the shot with a sprawl, then reaches over for a crotch throw.
LOL!! We had one similar to that last week!! Justin was defending, threw his opponent and the ref scored it 3-0 for the other kid. Most of the time it shakes out OK but these two were pretty costly. I understand that they are going to make some mistakes and if they take the time to explain themselves it would help. Life goes on!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Cougar1 »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 01:50:35 PM »
Read my sig down below and you'll know what I'm dealing with.

I'm not a certified ref, but ended up reffing for most of the FR tournament, which was fine. However, when you have kids begging you to ref their matches versus the actual certified ref, there is a problem.

I understand they are working for free, but they should at least read the rules and practice more.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rockhard »
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."