Poll

What is your first choice for home defence

Short barreled small caliber semi auto rifle with red dot sight from trijicon
12 gauge tactical shot gun with extended tube and trijicon red dot
Modern hammerless hi capacity 9mm or 40 cal auto loader with crimson trace laser
Magnum type revolver. .357-.44 mag
1911 type pistol.
I would not use a gun for any reason.
Other; please specify.

Author Topic: Your first choice of home defense weapon  (Read 5070 times)

Offline head n arm

• World Team
    • View Profile
Re: Your first choice of home defense weapon
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Good for you head and arm...what are your travel plans?

We've got two different trips we'd like to do. One is heading southwest and staying mostly at KOAs but seeing the sights. Like the Grand Ole Opry, Texas, the mountains in New Mexico, Arizona, Grand Canyon, Yosemite...That type of stuff. Probably a 3-4 week vacation.

The other idea is apparently one I just came up with because I can't find anyone who does it. It may not be possible to do exactly what I want, but here's the idea. Go to the east coast and start at Maine and work our way down the coast on a lobster fishing/pub crawl type thing. I haven't found any tours that offer it, but I'm looking into if you can go lobster fishing like people go deep sea fishing. We could do that in the day and check out the old-time pubs in the evening. Again, this would be a few weeks too.
"I'm actually worse at picking winners in wrestling than I am MMA, and that is saying something"

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 12:08:56 AM »
I am a huge fan of the commercial/for hire fishing adventure...the experiences and characters you would meet would be priceless....i would love to do something similar....keep us in the loop!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »
Good for you head and arm...what are your travel plans?

We've got two different trips we'd like to do. One is heading southwest and staying mostly at KOAs but seeing the sights. Like the Grand Ole Opry, Texas, the mountains in New Mexico, Arizona, Grand Canyon, Yosemite...That type of stuff. Probably a 3-4 week vacation.
Done that gig....fabulous.  Will be taking my wife to Yosemite, Big Basin, and Winchester Mystery House this Fall.  I have been to all 3 but my wife hasn't.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville