Author Topic: New Rules too good to be true?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: New Rules too good to be true?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
WHEN....... are we gonna wake up and get rid of FILA?  Seriously.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 10:42:21 AM »
We will never wake up from the nightmare that is FILA.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
Talk about a punch to the gut.  This is an emotional roller coaster that is unnecessary.  Can anyone explain the absurdity?  Who is behind this and can our American leadership explain why these rules were determined?  Aarrrgh!!
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
According to Stan Dziedic(sp) it would take too long to reprogram the computer program that FILA uses. I guess finding Commodore 64 programers is hard in Europe.
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »
According to Stan Dziedic(sp) it would take too long to reprogram the computer program that FILA uses. I guess finding Commodore 64 programers is hard in Europe.

I'm usually not one to go after guys like Stan because I know he is trying and he takes the time to explain his point of view and the processes that must make it very difficult to do his job.  However, reading through the facebook comment stream under his article about the new new rules made me shake my head.  Yes, there is a lot more to it than what we as wrestling fans in the US want, but his use of Burroughs quote, the point about the computer systems, and a few other things made me think he has really misjudged this situation.  Trying to find a ruleset for FS and Greco that the US wrestling public will love is an impossible task, but that doesn't mean that every complaint is invalid.  There are numerous people in that thread that have proven themselves to be deep thinkers about our sport and they are dismissed along with the dregs.

The only thing I was happy to hear from that thread is that the entire community anticipates further changes after Worlds.  While it would be nice to get there sooner rather than later, if this has to be one step that eventually leads to something even better I won't be too upset with it.  This IS better, even with the 1x5, 2x3 rules and 7 point techs.  It also sets the stage to move further in that direction.  I understand why we should all be skeptical about whether FILA will do that or not, but if that is what Stan is hanging his hat on, I'll just have to hope he is right.  This was handled terribly...what else is new?  It doesn't have to end terribly.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »

That sums up just how dumb FILA is, as that is probably very true. I wonder if they have heard about Atari yet?

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 12:32:18 PM »
I get tired of this excuse.  How many times have you called customer service and been told there's nothing that can be done because that's the way the computer system is set up?  This just means they can't do their job, can't use their brain, or just plain don't want to do it...too much work.
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
I guess FILA can't let a good crisis go to waste!!

mspart

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »
I get tired of this excuse.  How many times have you called customer service and been told there's nothing that can be done because that's the way the computer system is set up?  This just means they can't do their job, can't use their brain, or just plain don't want to do it...too much work.

Tell me again why we need FILA or continue to tolerate this sort of crap from them?

Also, what I don't like is when questions like mine are raised against our supposed leaders, we're told "you must me against us so your voice doesn't matter."

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Im curious, is Stan appointed, elected or hired?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell