Poll

Snowden...Hero or Traitor

Hero
Traitor
A little of both

Author Topic: Snowden... Hero or Traitor  (Read 1193 times)

Online ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Snowden... Hero or Traitor
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »
Is Snowden a hero or a traitor?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline head n arm

• World Team
    • View Profile
Re: Snowden... Hero or Traitor
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:00:53 PM »
Say what you want, but all this guy did was expose government tyranny. I don't think he put anyone in danger but the politicians.
"I'm actually worse at picking winners in wrestling than I am MMA, and that is saying something"

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
I agree H&A.  If they weren't doing anything wrong, he wouldn't have had anything to say.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:06:32 AM »
Government will stop at nothing to protect itself. A government with zero qualms about violating your rights is traitorous. Nothing but a gang of criminals. Snowden is not a hero, but he's an icon with guts.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Online ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
Did he give information to the Russians or Chinese? If so was it before or after he exposed the scope of the NSA snooping?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »
Not enough known and accurate information available for me to pass judgment.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 05:51:46 AM »
I still would like to hear/read more about exactly what information he leaked/whistleblowed than about  him as a person.   I don't  think information about his girlfriend, what he is doing at an airport, what high school he went to, etc...is as important as the information he had that  started this whole thing.

So much attention is being put on the messenger compared to the message.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:55:20 AM by a guest »