Author Topic: I'm just sayin'  (Read 17239 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just sayin'
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »
I'm just saying the universe is so vast and we are a mere speck of dust.  There is so much out there that we have yet to discover that the possibilty of our science changing is possible.

I would agree it is possible our science will change but nothing outside the Natural world will be involved in that change, of that I am 100% certain.  This I believe.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 10:10:44 pm »
I'm not arguing for anything supernatural by the way.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 10:17:00 pm »
I'm not arguing for anything supernatural by the way.

I did not think you were.  I hope you understand that.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 11:56:50 pm »
Just making sure we're clear.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 10:05:51 am »
I'm just saying the universe is so vast and we are a mere speck of dust.  There is so much out there that we have yet to discover that the possibilty of our science changing is possible.

I would agree it is possible our science will change but nothing outside the Natural world will be involved in that change, of that I am 100% certain.  This I believe.
I certainly don't require that you include the "this I believe" clause to every statement. However, I would suggest that you simply can't be 100% certain that nothing exists outside the "natural world".

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:10 am »
We've never empirically witnessed anything supernatural, so it's not too much of a stretch to speak with certainty on the issue.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 11:36:23 am »
But I am 100 percent certain nothing exists outside the laws of Nature.  I am allowed to speak the truth right?

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 06:04:57 am »
However, some have claimed to "see" things outside of the 'laws of nature". You are 100% certain they are wrong because you have never seen it? And as far as I'm concerned you are allowed to "speak" anything you like.

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 06:33:54 am »
I believe those that have seen or heard supernatural things are misguided, lying, misinformed, stupid, delusional or a combination of those.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:43:52 am by SVV »

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 08:06:34 am »
I believe those that have seen supernatural things are misguided, lying, misinformed, stupid, delusional or a combination of those.
The proof for the existence of God is not scientific.  It is based on logic.  Your statement here is dealt with by logic.  The Apostles would know whether or not Jesus was who he claimed, whether or not he preformed miracles, whether or not they themselves preformed miracles, and whether or not Jesus actually rose from the dead.  Who would willingly die for a lie?
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 08:46:20 am »
I believe those that have seen supernatural things are misguided, lying, misinformed, stupid, delusional or a combination of those.
The proof for the existence of God is not scientific.  It is based on logic.  Your statement here is dealt with by logic.  The Apostles would know whether or not Jesus was who he claimed, whether or not he preformed miracles, whether or not they themselves preformed miracles, and whether or not Jesus actually rose from the dead.  Who would willingly die for a lie?

I answered that with the statement you responded to.  Misguided, deluded, etc.

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 08:48:13 am »
Do you think the Muslim suicide bombers are misguided?

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 08:50:07 am »
Do you think Muslim suicide bombers die for a lie?

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 10:20:12 am »
Well done SVV. 

See, there are so many holy books, there is simply no way only one of them is right and the rest are not.  They are all the same, but the true believers of one of the books will never be able to admit it.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 10:24:43 am »
However, some have claimed to "see" things outside of the 'laws of nature". You are 100% certain they are wrong because you have never seen it? And as far as I'm concerned you are allowed to "speak" anything you like.

I am 100 percent certain that nothing outside the laws of Nature has ever occurred because no evidence exists of such an occurrence in the 10000 years of human recorded history.  Plus of course my measly 54 years indicates the same thing a back up for those 10000 years of no evidence.