Author Topic: Hawks schedule released  (Read 3932 times)

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Hawks schedule released
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Hawks schedule released
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »
I'm fine without wrestling PSU in a dual meet again...been there won that.

I'm excited that they are returning to the Midlands!  it is cool that Buffalo is coming out to Iowa City as well...I'm guessing they're probably going on a road trip and IC isn't their only stop out this way. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
PSU is no choice of either team, B1G sets schedule.  UNI not being on there is wrong, and I hope the respective coaches and administrations get that fixed. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
PSU is no choice of either team, B1G sets schedule.  UNI not being on there is wrong, and I hope the respective coaches and administrations get that fixed.
Nothing would have stopped Tom or Cael from wrestling each other as a non-conference dual.

Somewhat disappointed in the schedule, to be honest. No Penn State, no Ohio State, and Midlands is going to be down. To offset that for Hawkeye fans, Iowa's two toughest duals, Oklahoma State and Minnesota, are both at home.

It'll be strange not seeing Iowa's wrestlers wrestle either Ohio State's or Penn State's until B1Gs, with neither going to Midlands.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »
Nothing would have stopped Tom or Cael from wrestling each other as a non-conference dual.

Travel costs
previous committed dates
venue
number of compete dates

I can think of 4.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 06:24:22 PM »

Travel costs
previous committed dates
venue
number of compete dates

I can think of 4.
I should have said, nothing from the Big Ten office precluding them wrestling each other. I know Michigan and Michigan State wrestled as a nonconference dual in 2010-2011!

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
Lehigh 2/14.  Awesome!
We are the storm.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
Lehigh 2/14.  Awesome!
I may work that into a "Northern Swing" that weekend...National Duals is 2/16-17 in Columbus, Ohio, and there's little doubt that I'll be there.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 10:46:58 PM »
Weird.  According to every report that I've gotten from those in the know at UNI-Schwab even confirmed it a while back-UNI/Iowa was a done deal for this season.

I'd bet that it happenes, or is a quirk in the printing.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
Not too surprising really. Iowa usually has a disappointingly easy schedule under Brands.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
compared to what other schools?

Offline Hawkswinagain

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »
I have had season tickets since 1983!   This is one of the worst and weakest schedules I have seen!  The BIG TEN women Synchronized swimming need to get the hell out of setting up the Big Ten Wrestling Schedules ASAP!  What other sport kills off the best duals, games or meets!   That's just STUPID!

Iowa needs to not so mercifily kill the Iowa duals forever!  They have clearly shown  neither the ability nor the guts to actulally invite Wrestling teams of worth EVER!  I have not found one Hawk fan in 5 years that supports this crap date!  The sad part is Iowa could have a premiere Wrestling touny with a huge turnout to kick off the season!   I'd give a weeks pay to know "WHO" is telling us we can't in the Administration!

"Kill the Iowa Duals"   I pledge never to attent this again until it is a date worth attending!  My three tickets are going to "GG"
<span style=\'color:purple\'><span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>22 NCAA Team Championships in the last 35 years!</span></span>

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »
I have had season tickets since 1983!   This is one of the worst and weakest schedules I have seen!  The BIG TEN women Synchronized swimming need to get the hell out of setting up the Big Ten Wrestling Schedules ASAP!  What other sport kills off the best duals, games or meets!   That's just STUPID!

Iowa needs to not so mercifily kill the Iowa duals forever!  They have clearly shown  neither the ability nor the guts to actulally invite Wrestling teams of worth EVER!  I have not found one Hawk fan in 5 years that supports this crap date!  The sad part is Iowa could have a premiere Wrestling touny with a huge turnout to kick off the season!   I'd give a weeks pay to know "WHO" is telling us we can't in the Administration!

"Kill the Iowa Duals"   I pledge never to attent this again until it is a date worth attending!  My three tickets are going to "GG"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKn8RlD7Is

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 02:33:27 PM »
damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Brands gets rocked for not having the Midlands last season and this year they're back and it's a weak decision.
Big 10 doesn't put PSU or tOSU on the schedule after they were both on last season and it's Iowa's fault.

The only dual I'm unhappy isn't on there is the UNI dual. 

Iowa isn't going to the Scuffle or Vegas.  That's a given.  They participate in National Duals (unlike a certain other team).  They're going to the Midlands. 

yeah they're wrestling the Iowa Duals, and just so you know the Iowa Duals aren't about bringing in the best teams.  It's a chance for guys from smaller schools to get to wrestle against Iowa for freaking sake.  It's a powder puff dual to start the season off.

Are you telling me not another single D1 school wrestles against teams that's aren't at this level?

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
They participate in National Duals (unlike a certain other team). 
Bryce - not this coming season (and not 2 years ago). 

I think we all agree the IC Duals are lackluster and not worth the fans' time (nor the wrestlers' for that matter).  I think Iowa should up the caliber of opponent, include UNI, and find a way to protect the Minny dual in the schedule.
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge